Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I teach piano, and this quiz is actually a weekly practice chart.  I need 14 of these.  How do I do it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Did I lose a course while cross-listing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This morning, I exported my Canvas classes that I created this summer from the free Canvas account I created to the school's Canvas site.  I was able to move my content over just fine...for the most part.  What I can't seem to figure out is how to mo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i purge all previous conversations?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the Android phone in Mainland China; hence, we cannot use Google. Would it be possible for you to tell me how to download Canvas app in my phone? Thank you so much. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My district is moving to Canvas this school year. I have been creating my courses and adding assignments from my google drive. There's a problem, however. When I click on an assignment link in Canvas and type in anything, it also changes my master as...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Will not let me delete assignments and announcements, why?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have images on a page I made for Canvas. In teacher view the images are shown without problems and are linked to important things within my Canvas course but in student view all of the images are replaced with large grayed out locks. What issue is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I'm an instructor currently working on putting together a Canvas course for the upcoming term.  I imported elements of the course (including quizzes) from previous offerings of the course, and I've been making adjustments for the new course.  For...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'll ask anyway. Our school wants to make some videos to introduce our parents to Canvas. This is the first time we are using Canvas. The purpose of these videos would be to teach our st...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Myself and a fellow instructor have noticed that the speed grader is not always accurate. I have had a student email me a photo of their quiz stating they got the answer wrong, but then shows the correct answer which is the answer they selected. Anyo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My created course has been moved to past courses.  I would like to copy some of the pages that I previously used in that course, but I cannot find the option to do so when I click to view all pages.  The 3 dots on the right hand side like in the curr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our campus has an average of 1,000 students and use a voice recording of their first and last name or what they prefer to go by for our system. We put a course in as a quiz in canvas to capture these recordings, but need to know if there is a way of ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have a Macbook Pro at home that I have been trying to access my account to get the modules in my account started.  But it keeps telling me that my browser does not meet minimum requirements, and suggest that I go to canvas community to find ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have added a interoperable cartridge from the textbook "World in the Making: A Global History" from Oxford Press.  Since doing so my Canvas is moving very slow, particularly when attempting to add module shells.  I get a message saying a website ru...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to embed pdf into a content page the upload into file??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I cannot access Canvas, I am an RN trying to view a free COVID course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why am I unable to see the assignments that I have added on my home page?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I insert a .pdf file in a test question using the stimulus question type?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a quiz from a PDF document into CANVAS that is interactive?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can Zoom within Canvas play a DVD?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For Example if I start my announcement with hello …. Instead of students is there a function I can put in where it will Say hello Leanne?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to weight (different %) your different assignment and quiz grades to create your final grade with the Canvas grading system?  Thanks.R. Pu

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am at the elementary level. We are switching from Google Classroom to Canvas.My question is if I create an assignment through the google assignment external tool. Why can I not share it with my team members? Is there a way to get around this. Would...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the majority of students, the time 'the attempt took' often matches the time taken in the log. I'd assume this would have to be case. However, I've come across a quiz where these times don't match and was wondering whether there was an explanatio...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HOW DO YOU SUBMIT YOUR WORK ONLINE, STEP BY STEP  THANK YOU

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do the students & myself (Teacher) view the recorded conference of my course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was creating a table of buttons which are images that link to different pages in my course and the immersive reader doesn't work. I've edited the alt text for each image within the table and still the immersive reader reads the URL, not alt text. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies