Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi Canvas Fam, I'm working on a course at the moment where I want students to pick their difficulty level Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced, then have content unlock based on that.Mastery Paths lets me do that no problem.  The issue comes from the c...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

User interactions don't show next to student's name.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I took the Passport to Canvas lessons but don't know how to get the badges I earned.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As the instructor, how do I send an email to all students in a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student I want to create a link of a folder in my files and post it on a discussion reply, the folder contains some pictures related to my assignment.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of my assignments accidentally was deleted. Is there a way to retrieve the assignment and corresponding grades for the students? Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hihow do delete unpublished courses? Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am wondering if anyone is using Canvas and Essential Assessment at their school?  If so, is it successful and can you provide any advice on best practice.Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I clone a course it doesn't bring all of the images and hyperlinks across, it there something I need to do to make this happen?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to use buttons on my home page, while making my homepage a Bitmoji classroom page. I know you can add link on the Bitmoji page, but I want to link it to the ones already in CANVAS, such as Assignments, Modules, and others.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-30-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach 3 different classes across 5 periods and I would like to use Flipgrid in each period.  How do I integrate it in a way that will allow me to create a Grid for each period? I don't want my APUSH, US History and History in Film Courses interming...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Good day, just want to know if you are experiencing a Mastery path problem specifically to the score range, it suddenly updates the range and auto change it. We have originally set it to our standard score range. Is this a bug?We initially set it to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am hoping that there is a work around having option answers as images rather than words of drop-downs.for eg: From the drop-down options below, is there a possibility that these options are actually images. this may be helpful for user interactivit...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Each fall, I teach multiple sections of the same course. Typically, I combine these into a single course shell so that I'm not duplicating efforts with announcements, assignments, resources, etc. This fall, of course, I'll be doing them online. Using...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

the pieces are cut off and not showing all of what was created. Is there a setting I have done wrong

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to request for a sandbox course to build content, since there is now no "add course" button prior to the new school year. Is that possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know each module has 500 MB file upload. so does this mean the 32 modules i create will have 500 MB file upload and i can upload a large file to each module? Is there a limit the free canvas account of MB it has as a whole? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-27-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used my email as a log-in credentials with another institution. I need to set up our own account using my own email. The other institution was not able to delete my login.How can I set up an account with my own email used with a previous organ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made my Bimoji Classroom as my Home but it gave the classroom a black border on the top and bottom.  It did this when first put it on the page but I adjusted the embed code to fix it.  It fixed it on the page but not on Home.  Any advice? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to release the quiz answers on a specific range of dates after the quiz is due. This was an option in the Classic Quizzes, but I do not see it in the New Quizzes. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So, as an ASL teacher I have uploaded, inserted etc...videos many times flawlessly.  Now I can't get the google link to auto-inline open... and if I use the file through canvas files (which requires me to download to computer then upload into canvas ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete an old syllabus and upload the new one

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Pages - how to resize the images in a table

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I create a Discussion and leave the Available from and Until dates blank, when is the Discussion first visible to students, and when does it stop being visible?The Discussion does have a due date for required participation. Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working in my Sandbox, seeing if I can do something like standards based grading in Canvas. I have imported a list of outcomes that use 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 scores instead of the default. I make a New Quiz with one question that I assign to an outco...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Bonjour,      J'ai créé du contenu comme étant un "assesment", un devoir, mais je voulais en faire une "page". Pour ne pas avoir à tout recommencer, comment puis-je seulement changer "assesment" pour "page".      Merci beaucoup.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is a section in a course verses a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to use Autocomplete Select from instructure-ui - A design system by Instructure Inc. (7.1.2) I couldn't make it work in my local setup but I see it working in codepen. I am not sure what library is being included for <Select.Option.....> as I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am giving an exam in Canvas.  Using the moderate this quiz.  After a period of time the color of the student name changes.  Is this timed? or is it an indication of their progress in the quiz?Also, I allow 1 attempt.  Some are on the first attempt,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to change the default mic and webcam for media comments, so I do not have to change it every time I want to record a comment?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies