Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,My module isn't showing up as completed because the section on group assignments isn't complete. I haven't uploaded the group assignment; the team leader has. how can I fix this?Smruthy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, l would like to try and pre-record a session on Collaborate Ultra, is there a link that would instruct me how best do this? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you view the statistics for one particular assignment?  You used to be able to see average / median etc and now that option appears to be gone...I do not want to download the file into Excel.  We used to be able to have this feature directly i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how do i register for zoom ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good Evening, I just created a google slide gif to make an animated slide show introducing the students to the class.I saw this on someone else home page of their canvas page and would love to know who this can be done. Can you please help. Thank you...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My publishing students need to submit Zipped Packed InDesign files. Is there a special procedure for these submissions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I drop a student from the course, how long does it take Canvas to deny them access to the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want my Digital Publishing students to turn in their Packaged InDesign assignment files as Compressed (zipped) folders. Is there anything special I need to tell them?Thanks for your help.Beth

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to send an email simultaneously to all students in on class. How is this done.  I do not want to post an assignment.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to run class remotely tomorrow but my Semester 2 shells don'thave Collaborate ultra in the side menu.How can I get it installed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A student started a quiz and 13 minutes into it her internet failed and she ran out of time, the quiz closed. She answered some of the questions so I would like to reopen the quiz for her so she can continue without erasing what she has answered with...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'll be teaching online in the Fall semester and will have students in many time zones.  I'd like the students to take my exams at the same local time (say 6 pm) in their respective time zones.  Is there a way to make that happen in CANVAS?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking for a self sign-up feature for my users (teachers and users). In the docs it shows there is a register option in the login page. I have deployed canvas in a test server and this is how my login page looks like.I was able to add users thr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

i previously downloaded the lockdown browser onto my old laptop and then went and bought a newer one because my old one died and now i cannot figure out how to download it again. how do i do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is a sandbox? How do I create one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I hide everything from students view at once--all assignments, files etc?  (I want to publish so I can contact my students, but my content is not what I want them to see).Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view my daughters activity in her classes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to download the individual graded surveys responses? Not as a report in a single file, but each student's completed survey document in its own file?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to view two canvas shells side-by-side?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have purchased interactive activities through TPT and would like to put them into Canvas so that each student has their own copy.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I delete all comments completely from the video I have emended into the module page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have created an assignment that uses an external tool. When clicking on the assignment, the result is a page that says "This tool needs to be loaded in a new browser window" and a button that says "Load [assignment] in a new window". The student th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to review each question group on an exam...so I can tell the student in which area they need to study more. We just switched to Canvas from Sakai and it was very easy to view te exam parts on Sakai. Thanks for any guidance!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I have a free teacher's account, and other teachers from my school will also have free accounts. My question is will we need to have separate consumer keys and secrets for LTIs we want to integrate? Or, if one is issued to us, does that work f...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I got to the module, there is an option to submit the paper but it takes me directly to Turnitin. And the professor requires to be submitted through Canvas and not Turnitin. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I tell what version of Canvas I have and if it is up to date?  Or does it automatically update?  Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a new page F2020FrontPage and selected it as the Front Page, but then a new line appeared on top of the navigation bar with "Fall 2020". It has a smaller font size than others and not linked to anything, but I cannot remove it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - can someone please send me the CSV file used for grading students submissions so I can just upload to Canvas? I click on the link and nothing works.  Thank you! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I create tabs across a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The last name on my current account needs to be changed but it is grayed out and I can't click on it for some reason. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies