Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We added New Quizes to the middle of modules. We set it so students must sequentially proceed through pages, then get a 8/10 on the quiz to continue and then do two assignments.About 10% of students get stuck on the quiz. The quiz grade is not seen i...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I imported a number of testbanks from a text book web site, and I may use them to generate quizzes for my students. However, they ended up in my "assignments" section and now appear in my grade book. They are "unpublished," which means (I believe) th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why can't I see details on files  that are shown to me in the "Coming Up" section of My Dashboard? The exact message generated when I click on it is:Access DeniedYou don't have access to view this resource.We've let your instructor know to review thi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The learning window within a module is so tiny, that as we scroll to see a picture or video, the entirety of the picture is never able to be displayed within the tiny window. We just went to do a matching letters quiz and it took us 10 minutes to do ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have Canvas as a student and as a teacher in the same  group (my administration made all teachers students in a faculty group). Is there a way to get different push notifications on my cell phone versus my ipad?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas Catalog, Is there an ability to receive an email alert or confirmation that someone has registered for a catalog course instead of pulling the analytic reports @catalog

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Using an iPad, Teacher app to grade.I hide the assignment, but once I make annotations and enter grade, the assignment automatically un-hides which makes my annotations now viewable by student.  I want it all to stay un-viewable to student until all ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you build a tab with your lesson plans, which should only be Teacher/Admin facing - can Admin see it in your course without publishing that page or tab?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My dist is having teachers go through Canvas training by watching the module videos and submitting the assignments. Every time I submit, it says error. I think I'm supposed to be in the red dashboard, not gray. How do I get the red dash to show on sc...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble with pairing codes. I have tested them with a student account and they will not work. It says invalid code. I am Canvas admin-I have turned on the observers role for self registration. 1. I have copied the pairing code as the teac...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Having problems getting into Zoom. 1.  I DID confirm registration.  Even looked back at email and tried it again.  Now, it says, "Registration Confirmation failed".  I've been able to get into my other classes without a problem. This is what happens:...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Howdy folks, first time poster here - I just started working for this institution, and I need to troubleshoot their Canvas integration. It appears that records are getting deleted from our Canvas instance on a semi-regular basis, but the batch files ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Really frustrating that the email notification that Canvas sends out are a) missing the important info (what IS the grade), b) cannot be acted on immediately (the "you can review the assignment" link goes to the high school page where the user then h...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the grade passback from Canvas to Skyward and 1 section will not accept the grade passback.I get a failure/Error message that looks like this: Failed to fetch grading categories for section "SCIENCE 7 VIRTUAL-08-Griffin" from SkywardERRORG...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i submit a assignment without a submit button?I can't do anything if i don't submit the assignment

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I have created digital journals for my students to complete, and today was the first day of this and I have had the issue of the student accidentally deleting pages of the google slides. How can I help them get the slides back or reset the assignm...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to bring items from your Google Calendar into Canvas?  I have appointments with my students already set in Google Calendar and would like to have them integrated into Canvas.Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

First month into Canvas. It feels like I was taught to ride a bike and then tossed the keys to a Ferrari. I have a co-taught class for which I would like all assignment submissions (from an external submission source, Kami) emailed to BOTH myself and...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I enter something as a "new quiz" it moves under assignments. When the assignment is added to a module, it does not offer the choice to click next as the student works through the module. They can't seem to get past the assignment to keep going....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone please explain whether Canvas has a glitch or what might be done to resolve this crisis I'm having? Up to just one week ago, my pairing of a media e-textbook through Macmillan's Launchpad platform looked great on my Canvas course shell, ev...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a teacher that is using Total Points, but has her categories weighted differently.  The plot twist is this her assignment categories are different for each course. Scenario (these categories are created in PowerTeacher Pro)AP Physics Class:Ass...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have 58 courses created in Canvas. We've been asked to make these available as Google Classroom courses as well as in Classlink/Launchpad.  Is this possible? Can it only be done the other way around?Brand new to LTIs, so any resources you could po...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can students post their  assignments like papers on canvas that will only be seen by instructor and the student whose assignment it is?  I am the instructor.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who has posted an assignment and they are getting this message. They are then unable to authenticate it.When I click on the link for "Which character are you", it takes me to the site and nothing shows up. It only says the page is un...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My Canvas courses are using the old "Grades."  Is there a way to upgrade to the new "Gradebook?"Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have blueprint courses created and synced with student courses.  In the blueprint courses, our teachers have created Google Assignments with LTI 1.3 integration so that it forces a copy of a document for each student.  When they are synced with th...

• 1 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I have a macboook air and I tried to use both safari and chrome to access the carmen website and they both just get stuck on the loading page when I click on the link so I am not even able to get to the login page. I tried to clear my history and tri...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have modules that are unpublished and students can still see them. How is this possible and how do I fix it? If it matters, this is a course copied from a district upload and I haven't entered due dates yet. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher whose course is showing up in future courses even though it is a 1st semester course and the start/end dates are correct.Is there anything else to check?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm using canvas (as an instructor) for the first time to grade essays. I just opened one by clicking on it directly from the 'to do' list on my dashboard. I marked it as a canvas assignment rather than turnitin. After finishing and closing it...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies