Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I need an recommendation / solution. When making Canvas API calls for one partner/customer, if the partner has 20K students (or more), we make 20K API calls to get each student’s LMS record.  Randomly, but often, we get “Unauthorized” and “Forbidden”...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In searching around, it seems like it's possible for an Admin to (1) change the student role so that no student-users can do student-to-student messaging or (2) create a different type of student role who cannot message other students, but are there ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you create closed captioning for an animated short film, music only, youtube video?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I migrate material from an earlier version of the same canvas course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't have access to add a new course.  How can I add this feature?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I'm using the Canvas API to manage assignments in a Canvas course following an LTI launch. I have successfully used the LTI context identifier passed in the LTI launch's context_id parameter in the API to do various things in the past, like lis...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A relatively annoying aspect of using the comment tool in Discussions is that CANVAS seems to have been set up in way that doesn't allow for text to auto-fill in the comment field. This requires me to constantly needing to expand the comment section ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I speak to NewsELA about configuring the two platforms, they keep saying I have to through Canvas. However, I don't see an option for NewsELA anywhere on my Canvas? How do I sign in to NewsELA through Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I connect zoom to canvas so we can use it instead of Big blue button in conferences?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,In Settings . . .Then Navigation . . .I drag and drop the Module link to course navigation but is still not visible to students.  The same holds true for Pages, Outcomes, and Quizzes.See below . . . .

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-06-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do you count the number of words on an Assignment Page once the assignment has been submitted by a student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having an issue with the quizzes.  I created a quiz with 10 matching questions, worth 10 points.  However, if a student gets one or more incorrect, the quiz is graded as 0 points.  This worked correctly in April when I had matching quizzes for a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the Free Version of Canvas. I am wanting to archive courses when all of the students are done. I want to capture the course as it is with all students, grades, discussions and projects stored. Downloading the course just gives me the conte...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I assign weekly modules that I post on Monday and students' work is due on Friday.I would like to have announcements within the module so students can go to one place (their weekly module) to find everything they need from me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-12-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello  @developer ,I need to download Quiz submission answers. I want to be able to filter the download so I can view specific questions. Does Canvas have a function that allows you to download Quiz answers for multiple-choice questions? Thank you,Ek...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to send an email to my class and know how to use the Inbox to do so. The class is published (but no content posted yet). The class does not come up as an option under Favorite Courses or More Courses. 1. What should I do to make the fall 2020 ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Any other admins out there noticing that SIS is really slow right now?  Our hourly update which normally takes 10 minutes has looped around to the next hour and now our queue is getting pretty backed up.  I've opened a ticket, but curious if we are i...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On the Dashboard, how do I change the color of my course to white?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a shell course in Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for an APP that works with canvas so students can create artwork. What is a good suggestion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I use stylus while grading assignments on Canvas? I know it does not work on Blackborad. Is it the same here? Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-06-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I set the percentage of the total course grade that each group of assignments is worth?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 17 published courses. When school starts back, I will have 22 published courses. Can I clean up my dashboard? Is there a way to delete or remove classes where I was a student and that course is now no longer relevant?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I would like to make a multiple answers quiz where partial credit can be given. For example, if a questions has 5 possible answers, 3 of which are correct, I would like to give partial credit if a student gets 2 of these answers correct. Would ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am currently testing the New RCE prior to deployment in our instance of Canvas. Whilst greatly improved the removal of the right hand file/item menu does leave quite a bit of blank space on the screen (see mouse pointer in image below).Are there an...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having a problem with the Canvas system and Alcorn state university my password continue to not except and I Really want to be in class online and I can't even do my assignment. can you help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I export a list of all published courses in canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I downloaded a template package and I want to put an assignment with a rubric attached.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have TWO Sections which are in the same COURSE.     We would like to combine these two Sections into one Section (all still inside the same COURSE).       We have seen a few other questions on this topic which suggest that CROSS LISTING is the way...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies