Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Just as the title suggests, my school got canvas a few years ago but never implemented it.  I am in the process of picking up the pieces and trying to find my schools customer success manager and implementation consultant.  My schools administration ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have copied my announcements from last year as many of them will serve the same function this year.  Some came up as delayed posting while others came up with dates that don't match the actual date they were sent.After changing the date I want them...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have quizzes with a combination of MC and essay questions. I would like to use a writing rubric with outcomes when scoring the quiz. Any suggestions?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to disable the previous/next buttons at the bottom of a page? I have day of the week buttons on my homepage and content for that week is organized in a module with a page for each week. When a student finishes all of the activities for...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Troubleshoot: Adding Flipgrid to a Canvas CourseI have watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDvEadGSwPM&feature=emb_title but yet when I refresh the page after following all the steps, the link for Flipgrid never appears on the left han...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to disable the spell check on the Quiz function for short answer/essay questions?I teach anatomy, and the students have spelling as a required component for grading, so the spell check needs to disappear in order to prevent infla...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I create a new page and edit it I never get the HTML editor option.  How do I get that to show up or where do I find it so I can embed outside content?Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our district creates courses in Math, Reading, Science, and Social Studies which automatically populates with our students for the year.  I would like to streamline the way that students access modules/assignments for our upcoming school year.  I wou...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I love the discussion abilities that Canvas gives us teachers!  I used it in Blackboard in other classes, and the students enjoyed it too.I am a high school ELA teacher.  I want to use discussions to pose thought-provoking questions that students wou...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get Google Slides/Docs to authorize from Canvas. It keeps saying Authorize by logging in, but does not have a log in screen. I am logged into my account. What am I missing? I am trying to add Google slides to Canvas for assignments. Thanks...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using the free account, but my district is in the process of purchasing/setting up Canvas for everyone.  Will I be able to transfer my data from my free account to the paid version?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a template in the RTE for outline format?  If not, can I create one?  

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I imported a page from my practice/free  Canvas account to my school official account.  For a few days, everything worked beautifully.  Now, none of the images are showing up.  This is what I am seeing:I tried deleting the page and importing it again...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Now that I have taken the Canvas training, I'd like to practice and explore on my own.  My district will set up the courses I will be teaching, but I'd rather practice on something that will not actually be used.  Is there a way to just practice usin...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a template downloaded but cannot change the pictures on the buttons, how do I do this, I have the new ones saved but am not given the ability to change the picture from the menu.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I live Stream a lesson and record the lesson at the same time?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've created my course.  Modules and Pages are not showing in Student Preview mode.  Will they appear after I publish the course?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Though Google Classroom, as instructors, we were given the option to "make a copy for each student" of a particular document.  This would allow each student to have their own google document to write and edit upon. They would then submit the document...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I don't see how we can upload the lecture slides on canvas and also how can we make things accessible/visible to students? Finally, I see that all my previous modules on Blackboard have already been transferred to Canvas? Do we need to do anyth...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to add substitutes to a course and if so, what will be their access?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will parents still get grade notifications?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the maximum number of questions can I give in an examination?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to send an invitation link to the students for enrolling in the course?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have set an assignment for just a few students from a class. The assignment is not visible in student view. Is this the norm?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am grading an assignment using a rubric.  I have the assignment hidden until I have finished grading.  In speed grader, I fill out the rubric and save it, and then I enter the grade into the box at the top of the screen.  For half of my students, t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I couldn't find a way to enable students to download all the videos from a Kaltura playlist in one go. Has anyone had any luck? The only way I could see is enabling videos to be individually downloadable - but not the playlist as a whole.Many thanks ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i want to export course content fr@m a free account to a paid acct but my computer is not recognizing imscc files. i have windows 2016. how can i download this program?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How instruct grade book to treat a  Blank Cell as zero till it is marked

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I finished a course. How can I get a certificate?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies