Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,I have a strange problem.  Some of my students have stopped participating, although they are still registered in the class.  They are no longer completing quizzes and exams.  For some quizzes and exams I can enter a zero, but for others I cannot. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like to turn on the New Quiz feature for my teachers but it is greyed out on my feature options admin page. I thought that New Quizzes was now available for all paid accounts. Any ideas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just finished my first year of using Canvas - both as an instructor as an admin.  Yay!  Anyway, I try do "housekeeping" and organizing when I can.  We have lots of students over the years in the school who have duplicate names.  Anyway, I was think...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There seems to be a recurring problem with "coca error 132001" Is there a solution yet?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to view the dashboard. Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I recently made an SIS import for new student accounts but a couple of SIS ids overlapped and the result is that some of the students lost their accounts. Is there a way I can set up the students again without losing their data?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My computer ran into technical issues midstream and I needed to transfer my stuff to an older computer we had at home, a 2011 Macbook. When I try to run Canvas on Chrome, it doesn't load properly and I can't see the courses I'm working on. I know it'...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I put exponents when I am using Matching Type of Questions?There is no Math quill or means for me to put exponents.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I retrieve a deleted Module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone had any reports of students being allocated random quiz questions from Question banks, and reporting that one of their questions (which was a text-only question (spacer) drawn from a bank) changed?Student wrote = I attempted question H fir...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is my Mac laptop compatible with Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i view my class on line?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i was just wondering how to put the ID code on canvas or add a course ID number?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do you have to provide email address, or is it done through canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,I would like to hear some advice from the community about how to manage rolling intake on Canvas.Our school have a rolling intake every month, which mean we will have new students every month. At the moment, we are having a bit of problem in m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Dear sir/ma,I was checking my last semester courses in Canvas and I noticed that they are all gone. How can I retrieve them? Thank you!Olatunde Idris Oparemi

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Have been supporting colleagues add calendar events to course, however, I don't have admin access and the admin team is super busy.A colleague could not make a new event recurring in the course calendar as the 'duplicate' button was missing. We check...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have set up an Assignment with text entry submission. However, there is no way for me to open the submissions  as there is no Speed Grader option, nor any indication that students have submitted anything. Several students have said they submitted t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I record a Welcome Video for my class and publish it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using a Question Bank for making a Quiz, I have to a couple questions.1. If I have 50 questions in a bank, can I set it for the kids to each get 40, etc?2a. If (as in #1) each kid answers 40 out of the 50 questions in the bank, are the questions...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have to open each question indivdually for any Quiz with more than 25 questions. Could an easier way to see questions and then save as we go, without leaving the screen and having so many clicks, be developed?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hola, Qué tal Una pregunta, ¿hay alguna forma de recuperar los contenidos de mis cursos de Febrero- Junio de 2020? Sucede que varias de mis evidencias estaban cargadas en Canvas y ahora que entré no las encuentro. Espero su respuesta Translation from...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have just recorded a Panopto video and I want to attach it to a module.  How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working on a project where I am matching student submissions back to our local database.  To crosswalk this data I am using the sis_user_id field in the Pseudonym_Dim table downloaded out of Canvas Data.  Now to my issue.  Lets say for example m...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to design something as New Quizzes, but it keeps converting the quiz back to Old Quizzes.  I have turned on the New Quizzes setting in the Feature Options.  I am looking for advice on 1) how to ensure any quiz that I make is New Quizzes (...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Im having trouble with a video assignment.  How do I make a video on canvas using my webcam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you grade assignments, save grades and post all grades at the same time. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, can canvas see if I took a screenshot of the exam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi  - My instructor said she would publish the Canvas page to a course so we could have access to the policies and syllabus etc today right, and I went on Canvas. It says it's "Published," but it doesn't let me in? Why am I not able to go onto the co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies