Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We are currently in the beginning stages of migrating to Canvas.  Is it possible to have all courses open a certain number of days before the start date?  In Blackboard, we have it set to one week.  I didn't see that option in the admin settings.

• 2 Likes
  • 15 Replies

When I check on the status of my SIS Import I get an error in the Status JSON file that returns.In the JSON section "error_attachment" I see values for uuid, display_name, URL, and filename. Two questions; is there any data that can help understand t...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I put a new assignment in gradebook

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I force a grade to be submitted in New Quizzes when it erroneously determines that the quiz cannot be graded?I have a quiz that only has autogradable questions (multiple choice, and fill in the blank).  When some students submit the assignment...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to create a sandbox course.  This option is not coming up under my resources tab as my courses instruction told me it would.  I have reached out to the course instructor as well.   I thought I had previously had created one but it is not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i request a sandbox so that I can practice the skills I'll need for doing online teaching this fall? I did not teach this spring so this is all new to me and i could use all the help i can get.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am beginning math 6 for summer school, Middlesex County.  How do I see all Virtual Virginia math 6 lessons and put select modules on my home page?  Sharon

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a large number of students in some courses. The students are self-enrolled into a default course section. The grade book stops working because of the high number of students. I would like to use the REST API to transfer students to other sect...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there,I stumbled across an interesting problem with Google Drive LTI and our instance of Canvas and wanted to know if there was a more graceful way of resolving the issue. We rely on this LTI to turn in assignments and in testing I found a way tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We will be doing orientation next week and part of the orientation includes making sure students have their notifications set for optimum use . We are trying to find out more info about conversations specifically the ones listed below. We cannot find...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are getting ready to load our second academic year into Canvas.  Are we able to upload the same class without loosing the past class information (quizzes, homework, etc) without creating a new course or deleting the past students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of our teachers cannot see the courses that she was invited to. When I log in under her I can see them under "more courses" but am not able to highlight the star. I am getting this error code. Ideas?Ajax Error: 500{"errors":[{"message":"An error ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I've been tasked with building an app to create microsoft Team teams from classroom groups in canvas. Unfortunately it looks like the current app from MS only does meetings. In reading about the app building process i noticed i need to use an LTI ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am creating quizzes in Atomic Assessments now, and find it to be a different experience than planning a quiz in the Canvas quiz feature I'm used to. I can import quiz banks, but I don't know how to activate the feature where Canvas randomly generat...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I open canvas to dashboard, it is not showing the course. there is a square and it is flickering. when i click to go to my "courses" my course appears. But then when I click on it, it is just a blank screen. I can see it on my phone but not on a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I update to the Newer face of the Dashboard, Global Navigation, and Sidebar? I see the newer one in videos, but haven't found how to change mine to the newer face.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I post something is it possible to post it to multiple sections at one time so that I do not have to retype everything?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you download the students submission,  add to required sections and then upload back to CANVAS 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have Articulate Storyline zipped SCORM 2004 file that when uploaded to Canvas it is much larger than the area displayed within the Canvas wrapper. How can this be adjusted, without launching a student out of the course and opening in a browser? We ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching a summer elementary course and my students don't have their course tiles. How do I add students to this course? Thanks.Eric RothAustin

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to "return" an assignment that a student didn't complete fully and have them fix it and then submit it again?  If so will they get notified that it has been returned and see my comments?  Also is there a way for the comment boxes to go...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way to make a Google Slide or Powerpoint Presentation interactive within Canvas? I have presentations that were created as student activities that require the student to drag, drop, manipulative items on each slide. As far as I can tell,...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why its written  "This quiz was locked Jul 14 at 11:59 am"?Although course is open why can't I get a Quiz ? RSVP

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to create a new course on Canvas, but I do not see the option to "Start a New Course."

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I have one student who is struggling to upload their work and has sent it to do to do for them. How do I do this? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello FolksWhatsup.!Hope you all are safe in this situation.I'm looking for LTI proctor integration with the canvas cloud.According to the global IMS proctoring standard trying to integrate with the canvas as an external tool.Few things are unclear l...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I answered an exam and i think i did well. I submitted my exams without removing the flags in the questions and my score was barely above passing. I was wondering, maybe the flagged items were marked wrong? Or are the flagged questions' answers not c...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I thought I did it. I see a file that I uploaded, but when I go to Speed Grader, it says no file has been uploaded. What did I do wrong?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble seeing the online submission button in options.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Por error califique a todos los alumnos como puedo eliminar dicha operación?? eliminar todas las calificaciones. Agradecere su ayudaTranslation from Google Translate: By mistake, rate all students how can I eliminate this operation? remove all rating...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies