Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I just uploaded a PPT to my module using the Files menu.  How do I make this PPT my Live Lecture?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create a group for a quiz to ask randomized questions I want Canvas to pull those questions from a subset of the Question Bank and not the whole bank (level 1 versus level 2 questions). Some of the questions may be the same but not all  Can th...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,Some of my students are unable to upload files to their portfolios or send messages via Canvas inbox because they get the error message: "exceeds file quota."I am confused as to why it is happening to some students and not others.Is there any w...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I am new here, so forgive me if this as been asked somewhere elseTL;DR: I want to create a Swift Client for interacting with Canvas API. Is there a OpenAPI/Swagger Spec file I can use to generate that Client?In the developer resources there is...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help. By accident, I deleted a video commentary and typed comments on a discussion post. I need to undo that action.  I'm using a Chromebook without a mouse ( no right click ).

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Home page image is not visible from 'Home'.   It shows on the page, and is filed in the course files, but won't transfer to 'Home'.Thanks in advance

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does canvas supported by Chrome 83. Would a browser be "too updated" ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I want to create a quick message for a student as a hello or feedback, regardless of the area of Canvas I am in, when I create it and post it and move on to the next student to provide their individualized video, it does not allow me the opportu...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to add a faculty member to my course. How do I add her as a co instructor?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have problems with my content, you see:I installed canvas on ubuntu server, even I can up load files, however I can not play video in the canvas' player, it just leavs me download the file.I would like to know how I shoul to do or what I should...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since yesterday, none of my new students have been able to register for Canvas accounts. When they enter their information on the registration page and click "start" nothing happens at all. I tried to register a test student with the same result. I'v...

• 2 Likes
  • 16 Replies

If I allow students to submit a quiz multiple times, how can I hide their score from being displayed after any submission? I don't want them to submit it just to see the score, then realize some answers are wrong, and change answers and re-submit unt...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a horizontal line to a page using the Rich Context Editor? I see how to do so with code... but I also saw a new release that should allow us to do this in RCE, however my edit screen does not look like the release notes.Thanks for any he...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,How can I move a test from Canvas to Connect?Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

¿En que parte encuentro la información para crear una página interactiva?Este mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.Where do I find the information to create an interactive page?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like my students to be able to annotate and highlight as they read. Does Canvas have any way for students to do that within content pages or embedded pdfs? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi!I'm having an issue when trying to record a video response to student comments in a discussion thread. I'm using the "Record/Upload Media" option to record a short 20-30 second video and to post that video as a reply. The first few worked just fin...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I accidentally signed up as an instructor and now I can't access my course info as a student.  How do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I access any of my modules, grades, etc.  I click on them and all that will come up is a blank page with BYU's trademark.  Please help ASAP!! I have assignments that I need to get done and turned in to day.  Thank you!Kari

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi -can you set telephone call notification in canvas? possible with admin rights

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking for video on Panopto video recording in a power point

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If not will the links be sent by an instructor via email, or will the class meetings be posted somewhere else. If so where?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my canvas on my computer is not working.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been reading a lot about New Quizzes and the great features that are available, but when I go to create a quiz, I do not have any new options. I checked to make sure New Quizzes is enabled and it is. Here is what I see when I start to make a q...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

normally Im on a pc to do school or android, presently I'm visiting my mom and all i have is a mac desktop, i can successfully log onto canvas no problem, when i try to open dash board the icons are distorted and in motion as if loading but endlessly...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In my grade book, I have an extra column of students' names immediately to the right of the column. Is there any way to get rid of that column? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I try to take my first test for MEGR 3111 and there is nothing to show at all just white page , and I need help asap because today the due for the test

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a column called "Student Name" a column called "Total" (these are both what you would expect) and then the third column has no title, but contains the same student names...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

what is the best way to insert a reading passage after which several types of questions will be asked of students? I've been placing the passage in the Instructions box.  I want to make sure if I choose to randomize questions, that they appear with t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies