Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How to add a teacher role?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you set up automatic zero for late assignments in CANVAS gradebook?Also, once that is turned on, will students still be able to submit late assignment and get credit for it?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We will be using Canvas Discussion to receive homework/project progress for a summer course.  We will not be doing Graded Assignments.  Is there a way to track/receive a push notification when a student submits response to Discussion thread?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A week ago, I downloaded all student submissions (files) for an assignment.  I am not ready to re-upload the graded files, and the assignment has disappeared (along with all submissions).  Is there any way to recover the original assignment and submi...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I attend a canvas conference call? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I changed my desired display name, but my full name shows up in the chat. My display name shows up correctly in the discussions and elsewhere. Is there a way to get my display name to show up in the chat?Thanks!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having trouble downloading the canvas power point so that I can print it out or watch it.  I have a brand new computer this week, so still getting the hang of things.....Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm marking an assignment in SpeedGrader but the assessment is not showing as marked, and the mark is not showing in Grades.Suggestions?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Wondering if anyone can help me, l am assigned as admin in a sub account and l can no longer view "courses" tab and can not edit student details. Any assistance or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas seems idiot-proof ... until a real idiot (me) tries to use it!So, I sent an email to "all" the students in my course. I got a green "message sent" reply and the message appeared in my "sent" folder.But since this was the first try and since in...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I submitted a wrong video for the 1st day homework, additionally, when I try to submit my second video, it was on other student's video. How recover it?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can the color for the Dashboard icon for the course be clear?  I want the colors on the image I uploaded to be true colors.  Perhaps you can tell me the code for "no color"?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Ahoy all,Again in need of help for what students see with discussions differentiated by section.1) we do everything in modules and show a module progression at the bottom of each page.2) we have to have 1 discussion per section by the way Canvas work...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I copied a rubric from a different assignment. I want to add a criterion, but not at the end. I want to place the new criterion in a specific place. For example at the start of the list. Could you please let me know how to do it?Thank youSophia

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can't get Badgr to work in our Canvas instance even after following all of their troubleshooting suggestions.  I have tried to submit a ticket but have not received any help.  We have used Badgr in our instance before but the person that set it up ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I published my course on Canvas and I have received two emails that they can not find it on Canvas. What steps should I take next?From,Mr. Moline

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble getting McGraw Hill Campus/Aleck  for my jumpstart class. can someone help me. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hi! I was doing a quiz just now, I resume the quiz in a new window while keeping the previous one (I didn't delete it). There is only one attempt for the quiz, I was working on the resumed one. By the times up, I click the submit bottom, it still can...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I understand that developer keys are issued by the Canvas admin for the school however I was wondering if Canvas is able to issue a test box for developers who want to implement the OAuth2 flow in their app so they can test the functionality of the a...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I resubmit an assignment, will it replace the previously submitted assignment, or will both assignments remain uploaded?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

no pude rendir el examen porque no me abria keeper como se puede solucionarEste mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.Message: I could not take the exam because I did not open keeper how can it be solved

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there an easy way to transfer my assignments rubrics and handouts from Microsoft Teams into Canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I upload a file (my new syllabus) into my course and then link it in the syllabus page? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not see a link or any information on how to set up a sandbox for myself.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to download a course template to 'easily' customize for my course, but the first step is to download the file. I am receiving a message of no match found for .imscc.k-5-teacher-appreciation-gift-exportc

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,My dashboard will not load when I log into Canvas. I am using Google Chrome, Version 83. The operating system I an using is a Dell laptop, Windows 10. I tried loading the Canvas login page on Internet Explorer and had no luck, but when trying t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Please call me at [phone number redacted to remove direct contact info from public view].  I was 20th in line, waited 30 minutes then got disconnected.  I cannot download my course syllabus into Canvas.  I DO have my student roster downloaded.  I am ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello I have a question so my laptop is MacBook Air and I'm trying to connect canvas with cengage but I can't connect. I don't know how to do because I have homework to do. Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recently been grading a set of essay type questions in new quizzes, and went back to fine tune points and feedback. After each change I clicked update, but the text in the feedback text box did not change. I tried deleting it completely but th...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to make a quiz worth 10 points (1 point per question), but give students more than 10 questions to allow them additional opportunities to get questions correct even if they don't know all of the material.  For example, give 13 questions but th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies