Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Help! For some reason, my grade book is giving ALL incomplete assignments full credit. This started when I tried to "automatically apply grade for missing assignments" via the gear at the top right of the page.  I have tried everything I can think of...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Before my students went on spring break 3/13, I was able to use complete/incomplete just fine.  Students would submit their work and it would turn in and it would be ungraded in my gradebook, waiting for me to grade.  Now, I just assigned my first as...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The quiz questions will be coming from a test bank.  They are being given only a fraction of the questions available in the bank.  I am wondering if I give them two chances if the second quiz will select new question or it will be exactly the same qu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I be sure that students are seeing the "additional comments" I'm making on their quizzes? I've been putting comments under each question that they answer incorrectly. Can they see these? If not, how can I enable it so they can? 

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, Admins! Zoom is quite a popular solution among our customers in Brazil. The new integration between Zoom and Canvas provided by the Zoom LTI Pro (https://zoomappdocs.docs.stoplight.io/lti-pro-v2/guides/canvas) is awesome. We can do a lot more ...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I gave my class a graded survey, but many students didn't get full credit even though they answered every question in the survey. Then I checked a question that a student answered but received no credit for it. I notice that there are two answer choi...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone,This might not be possible, but let's say you set up a quiz in your class to close at a particular time.  If a student misses the deadline but you would like to give that student a chance to make up the quiz, is there a way to easily re-o...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, My grade page looks different this time. Some assignments I got 100% but beside that there is a "X" mark which tells " the assignment is dropped and will not be considered in the total calculation. But I submitted assignment within due dates a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am trying to import a high school engineering course to my canvas and kept running into the problem in the photo below (Bottom photo - 'Migration cannot exceed 500MB'). This may be because I wasn't using my district canvas but, after getting...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am needing to Publish my account. However, an orange icon appears saying "Complete registration process link that was sent to your email". The problem is, I do not see this email. What do I do? 

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I share my student assignments with another teacher in the same class?

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I pulled the Students with No Submissions report. I selected the current term and then "Active Enrollments". There are tons of kids in the report who are no longer students in our school. To me, "active enrollments" is the list of the most current st...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a student shares a file (with anyone) does their student ID show up anywhere on that file? I had a student submit work that was a picture of a computer with another students ID number in the top right of the computer screen. I gave them both zeros...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can you easily combine 2 rubrics in 1?For example you have rubric A and rubric B. Now I want to make rubric C that exists of criteria from rubric A and B.I don't want to insert all criteria again. But I can' find how to copy a criteria from anoth...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If you create outcomes under manage rubrics, why can't the user attach them to assignments?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to avoid needing to scroll down every time to find recent assignments to grade.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All,We are set up our LMS in our own server. We are now trying add courses, users and students.We have configured the setup for outgoing email server at /lms_root/config/outgoing_mail.yml.Now, when adding users and students, email is not receiv...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am a teacher and admin of a course however I can only see people enrolled in the course from one section and know body from any other section. This only effects one course, I can see everyone in the other courses. Any ideas on how to fix this would...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What report can you run to see if students have completed all modules within their course and achieved a 100% mark within a given time frame? If someone can please show me how to run it, it would be brilliant. As I need a quick way to tell who has be...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to upload my video presentation and it keeps saying "Saving reply."  It has done this for hours and my presentation will not submit.  I need help. Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a quiz question, can you use a Boolean expression, or an If statement? e.g. If (x<0) then 0 else 1.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When setting up a quiz on CAVAS, is there the ability to lock the screen so that students cannot access other documents/ sites during the quiz that they may have open?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I turn on the Anonymous Instructor Annotations in speedgrader?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am wanting to remove the test student from my mark book, just wondering if this is possible?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like for my students to view my power point files without being able to download them. Is this possible?Dr. Smith

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Здравствуйте. Появились проблемы с обратной связью студентов . Постоянно появляется квота (ограничение) на отправление домашнего задания у студентов . Очень не удобно . Мы хотим проконсультироваться можем ли мы перейти на платную версию ? У нас не до...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Does Canvas support the option for teachers to create assignments that have a set time-period allowed for each student to complete the assignment? Something similar to where the teacher can create assignments and customize a "hard due-date" and a "ti...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When we update a due date on canvas (LTI to MyopenMath), it is not changing the original due date when  you get to the assignment.Here is an example from one of my old shells. Here I changed the due date to Sep 1st 2020: It looks good here before I c...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone. In muy university, professors are interested on lower score  when a student makes a wrong question. Does anyone know how it can be done?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

At other institutions, Turnitin is embedded in Canvas assignments but I can't figure out how to enable Turnitin on Canvas at DVC. Please help!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies