Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is it possible to set up a page that my grade 2 class can access from home as we move to on line learning. If yes, how do I go about it?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to add a rubric to individual essay questions on a quiz

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What does it mean when I upload media, and I get the message: Media is currently being converted please try back again later.  #media recordings‌

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Durante una evaluación en canvas tengo entendido que si un alumno cambia la pestaña, de manera que en el Action Log se sabe que cierto alumno salió de la pestaña y por tanto queda como inactiva. Para que el profesor sepa esto, debe revisar personalme...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I upload a file from 'My Media' to a file in Module?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I access my Cost Accounting class online using canvas? I see the course on my dashboard.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment that students submit through an external tool, Google Assignment.  Here is a screenshot of its settings.This assignment exists in a module where students have to work through the module items in sequential order to progress to th...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you turn in an assignment if there is no place to turn it in on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can participants on a conference can see eachothers webcam. I know the teacher can see the students faces but can students can see eachother? We´ve been having trouble with this, is there an option where they can?Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

She can see the tab but nothing happens when she clicks it.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have Canvas organised in such a way that each of our Course(s) has multiple Sections.    Each Section has both Students and one Teacher.    This looks great at the Admin level, but our Teachers are getting Notifications about OTHER Teacher(s)' stu...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students are given error messages when they try to answer an imbedded question in an Mivideo for credit. How do I fix it?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I give a timed one-hour quiz at 1 pm and set the available until time at 2:30, will students who start at 1 pm and time out still be able to view the quiz between 2:00 and 2:30?Asking because I have a bunch of students who need extended time on th...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I need to ad a teacher assistant to my Homeroom Course.  When I follow the instructions to add a person to a course, the People tab on the side bar says "disabled" and when I click the People tab, I only see my students.  The "add group" icon is ther...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What can I do when the Course Links Validator says links are unreachable and I have deleted them or they do work ?Shelley MillhouseManager Gifted and Highly AbleInclusion and Diversity ServicesMob: 0427 610 338shelley.millhouse@education.tas.gov.au<m...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have seen comments on the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-18558-microsoft-teams-meetings-in-canvas thread identifying the issue where students are joining meetings as presenters rather than attendees. I would prefer students join chats as ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make announcements visible on the home page at the top of the screen?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delete an email that is incorrect.  I am trying to help a fellow teacher

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to recover a deleted assignment

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my canvas pages suddenly had "education modified" on the top of the list on the left hand of the page where Assignments, Announcements, etc. are listed. What is this? Why is it there? What did I do? and How do I fix it?Thx.SK

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've seen on the q&a board references to Canvas developing a tool to allow for automated creation of printable/savable certificates of completion for Canvas course (not Canvas Catalog). Any updates to this? I'd prefer not to have to utilize a plug-in...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way of having an administration configuration that will provide consistency with what is viewed by all admin users in our Canvas

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I saved a bunch of questions in a Question Group, but when I try to set up a quiz, I can't find the Question Group (or any of the questions.) Can anyone help with this?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

During the quiz, a student told me that the timer was not available. Instead, what was shown there was "Nan minutes, Nan seconds". Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like to review a quiz in canvas that the students all ready took. Can they go back into the quiz without interfering with their original grade??

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have two classes that are identical that I want to be able to duplicate the material without having to make each course from scratch

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I tried to add a student to my canvas class; it said pending however the student never received and email inviting them to the class. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I register for an additional course in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not receive emails for notifications because my Canvas account is not linked to one, how do I change that?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, just wondering how I adjust my settings so students get a notification when I have posted a new announcement? At the moment my dashboard doesn't send a notification on the little speaker icon. Is there a way of enabling this? 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies