Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, I am trying to make the discussions I assign to students let them post anonymously in order to allow them comfort in sharing their thoughts, and questions.I haven't been able to find an option for this.  I would like to know who posts, but I d...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-04-2021 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

how to add a link to these videos that sends the students directly to the videos

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Not sure if this question has been asked, but this pertains to Canvas (next) Quizzes > Essay > Student Feedback > Provide General Feedback.After I populated some general feedback, I previewed the quiz to see if the feedback did indeed show. However, ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do students access the system?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to use the External Tool to set up a Google Docs Cloud Assignment, so students can enter their answers into a document and submit it to me to be graded. The problem is that students are being denied access to the document. How do I fix th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I check my browser permissions and it says both are allowed, but when I try to record through canvas it still won't let me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do students need to turn on notifications in Canvas to get notified when a teacher posts something new?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove a "teacher" meant to put as an "observer"?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have authorized use of my google drive on a practice course. Can I reverse this process and unauthorize my google drive?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how can I adjust a column width

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why does the Announcements tab say "not visible to students" in 2 of my 4 courses? They are all set up identically. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Canvas Community,I am trying to provide students with two ways fo demonstrating mastery of course content, either by taking an exam or by taking the exam and completing 3 assignments. The students can decide which path they prefer.Way #1: Exam ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have been trying to import a course from my school account to my personal account so that I can still access my courses when I leave my current school. How do I do this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I monitor the students and how can I take attendance and how can I have them included with a video chat?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you create different quizzes and assign a subgroup of the class one version of the quiz while another subgroup takes a second version of a quiz?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Video stopped for a Q I want to embed a video.  I want to stop the video at certain points, ask a quiz question and not allow the student to proceed with the video until that question has been answered (because the answer appears as the video goes on...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do students post images to discussions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Want my students to schedule appointments to talk to me? Does Canvas have a feature where the  students can sign in and make appointments from a listing of day date and times available? Thanks Elie Marvit

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two teachers are in the same course and we want to create a quiz/test.  Can we work on the same test on different computers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas (in Quizzes) allows answers to be shuffled when students are taking an assessment. Does it also allow questions to be asked in a different order when students are taking an assessment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to be able to grade on a point scale, from 1 to 10. Should I check the "range" box, or leave it unchecked?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like to set up a meeting in Zoom with Canvas. How is it done?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A teacher gave a graded quiz as a diagnostic. She added fudge point to bring all students up to the full 20 points (since this was just for participation points.) In the quiz, it shows as 20 points, but in the grade book the column still shows the un...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add Immersive Reader to canvas assignments, discussions etc.?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I load a video?I have been trying for two days to load my required video for my on line training. Is it my new lap top or am I doing something wrong. Super frustrated. Walk Through: Record your first Studio video. Then embed it to your pageVie...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think that I want to use Screencast-o-matic app for this. It says it is installed on my Canvas but how do I access it?How to I then post it?I want to make a video of how to work thru my lesson on canvas. I want the video to show the JUST  Canvas pa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I post an announcement in my canvas course, are enrolled students notified that an announcement has been posted? If so, how are they notified?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have a question about the Canvas gradebook.  The gradebook used to have a button called "treat ungraded as zero," which would show a student's true percentage score, in the event that the student did not submit a quiz or an assignment.  Without...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Are Assignment/Quiz due dates and availability dates course-specific, or user-specific?If an assignment is due at 3pm Central US time, will it be due 3pm local time for someone in Paris, or will it be due at their local time? I think it’s the 2nd, bu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies