Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Assignment submissionsCan a student resubmit and or submit multiple files in the online assignment submit area?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My jpeg/picture keeping rotating to the side. I saved it the correct way, but when it is uploaded to Canvas, it appears sideways. Is there anyway to resize it or rotate it in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to have apps disabled by default in a course?  We've added a tutoring app that faculty can use for their course if they want. But as of now, the app is in the "Enabled" area of the Course Settings > Navigation.  We want it to default t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I work at a museum and we have a large presence of home school groups and we are looking at conducting our monthly home school lessons on Canvas and I have several questions. 1. Can the students and their parents log into canvas and view our classes ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am linked to many courses and I would like to only receive the notifications from my course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add students to more than one group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I now have admin access but when I go to COURSES there is nothing there. I cannot see any of my teachers modules or assignments. How do I get access to see what they are doing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to upload video to a canvas course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

¿Es posible cambiar el nombre del estudiante despues que ha sido registrado?Translation from Google Translate:Is it possible to change the student's name after it has been registered?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a Page and within it recorded a video.  Now I want to either:1) change that Page to an Assignment (so students must answer the video prompt with a submission). or2) Move that video over to an assignment page.  (I tried to copy/paste, it loo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am doing Canvas conferences to teach my students, but I can only see the first 4 or 5 that log in.  How can I see  all 30?  And they want to see each other also!thanks,Lynn

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi allI seem to be having a problem with New Analytics.  For some courses I can see the weekly online activity for all users but for some courses I get the message no data to report even though users have accessed the course.  If I do an individual n...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an elementary special ed teacher. I have been instructed to provide my specific students with learning activities within the classroom teacher's Homeroom Course. Does anyone have suggestions for how to make modules available to only specific stu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

During an online conference with the students I open my PowerPoint presentation (because it does not accept to upload it) and I share my screen. However the students see only half of the slide. Can you please help on this? Thanks and regards

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello fellow developers!I am trying to upload grades to Canvas using the Submissions API. More specifically, I'm using this from the submissions API:PUT /api/v1/courses/:course_id/assignments/:assignment_id/submissions/:user_idI try submitting a put ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

HiHow may I become an Admin of my course. I would like to connect BookWidgets to my course, but the LMS sais, that I have not enough rights to add external tools.BR: Irina Saarinen  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to quickly import a 40 question test into the quiz navigation with out entering one question and answer at a time? if so, can the choice answers be arranged as if your creating a short quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why are some students' grades shaded pink in Gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to have about 40 students upload short video presentations that: 1. I can grade,2. I can comment on,3. All other students can see, 4. All other students can comment on.Is there a resource for this? Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Some information doesn't load onto my computer. I'm using an older Dell XPS with Windows Vista.  How do I view all content? Or is my browser too old?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I upload a paper to a discussion board

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our course link validator keeps coming back with these 'broken links'. However, in the blueprint, these open correctly to the appropriate external page, or in the case of an internal resource; download the appropriate file. I fixed many of these brok...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I have been trying to upload a video and no matter what I do there is no sound. I have uploaded it as a mp4 and as a mov and both versions have no sound. Both version have sound when played form my computer so I do not know what the issue is. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

About 15 minutes into Canvas.... Can one use the live streaming webcam software with Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I download/find the graded quiz answer sheet for each student? I marked the answer sheet for the online mid-term examination in Canvas, but after posted the grades, I cannot find the answered sheet in Canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My quiz questions disappear before I finish typing in the answers below. Any help with this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I give my teaching assistant the ability to use speedgrader for submitted assignments on Canvas? He is currently unable to access speedgrader.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need instructions on how to add recordings to my live sessions, I have not taught in nearly a year and I cannot locate the instructions.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who is trying to get onto Canvas, and he says it is asking him for an access code.  I am not sure what that is.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone tell me how to access the roll call feature inside of a course and also how does it work for tracking students attendance?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies