Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

There's now an additional tab in my People section called "Student Groups".  I'd like to delete it so it doesn't confuse anyone, but cannot figure out how.  I did disable the ability for students to create their own groups so this doesn't happen agai...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I had rented my book for the SEI course. How do i get back to that course?How do I find the book numbers?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i get the grade to show up on my dashboard page?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Running the Provisioning report on either Courses or Sections, the start_date and end_date fields are blank for the majority of courses. I have confirmed that the affected courses have start and end dates in their Settings. I am unable to correlate w...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How is new quizzes rolling out without a lockdown browser? What is the ETA on this happening? I don't see how we can test securely without it? I'm being told new quizzes is rolling out regardless.Thanks

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In SpeedGrader I've noticed that when I'm grading quizzes often times the numeric grade for a short answer question is already populated before I've even assigned a grade. If I refresh or move to another student and then back the pre-populated grade ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have many assignments in one category (homework, classes, and quizzes).  These assignments vary in the amount of points that they are worth.  I like to display the grades as percentages so that it's clear to students what grade they are getting.  U...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi there!     I'm a science teacher and we often do group labs. I've migrated all our assignments to Google Docs as that is what my district uses. Rather than have to keep track of who is working with whom is is possible to set the lab as a group ass...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I make groups available to students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For a Multiple Answers question in a quiz, is it possible to make each correct answer worth 1 point?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to set up a course as follows:  Three equally weighted exams will count 75% of the final grade.  Ten quizzes which make up the remainder 25% of the final grade.  I would like to set it up so that  if the average of the three exams is les...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As shown in the picture below, my quizzes are not in the right order.  For example, Quiz 2 is not between Quiz 1 and Quiz 3.  Is there anything that I can do about it?Thank you for your help!Shaine

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have a student who is getting a "User Storage Quota Exceeded" error message when trying to attach a paper to an ungraded discussion forum.  My understanding is that this would count against the student's data quota, which makes sense.  However, un...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have added the FlipGrip App to my Canvas course, but when I click on FlipGrid in the menu on the left or select it as an External Tool in an assignment, I just get an LTI Launch Error (see below). Other external apps, such as EdPuzzle, work fine. N...

• 6 Likes
  • 28 Replies

I've been using the Settings -> Import Content method to import quizzes and Canvas keeps overwriting some of the quizzes. I do a daily quiz in class and since each quiz has the exact same settings I created a Practice Course and created a template fo...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I wrote a quiz and it disappeared. I think the date was listed as 1904, rather than 2020. How can I find it?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there some way to put common comments in an assignment to use quickly instead of having to go out to another program?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a student has uploaded their work in Canvas the points assigned are not posting for every student. Can you help me, please? Thanks

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was trying to teach my team how to change the gradebook settings from sorting assignments by name to sorting them by the date submitted. I cannot find the place to do this in the new speedgrader.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a native way in Canvas to see all active students and their academic progress analytics?If not natively, is there an LTI that can be integrated to track all student progress?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to create a text box to allow a student to type into it?If so, how?!Thx!

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using the external tool, Hypothesis, for student groups to use to annotate research papers. Is there a way to do this in Canvas in assignments where small groups are assigned to a paper and they can see each other's annotations?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of our professors has brought up that they don't like how comments look in the new gradebook. I went in and did some testing and it appears that the comments don't retain any formatting and just display as a block of text after being submitted. P...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The original admin has left and I need to have an admin on for our courses. Is there some way to make myself an admin

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a quizzes next quiz that I created and would like to edit the due date and dates of availability. I am having trouble getting to the page where it will allow me to do that. When I go to edit the quiz, I only have the options of shuffling quest...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are migrating to a new video hosting platform and would like to able to get a listing of all the external link within a course so we can identify links to videos that need to updated to the new video hosting platform. Is there a way to pull a list...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The new grade book in Canvas will not load. It's been doing this off and on for the last couple of weeks.  I really need to access it today but am unable to.  Any suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you go into GRADES and use the email icon to message a student , once you send the message, is there a place where those messages are stored so that you can see that it was sent?  It appears that they do not show up in the inbox and they do not ...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't find an answer anywhere.  I just started using canvas as a teacher.  When I set up a new discussion is there a way to automatically notify the students when I publish it?

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had a teacher come to me with this question.  She is accustomed to clicking on Quizzes and seeing her most recent/published quizzes at the top.  Today, she sees everything in seemingly no discernible order that I could see.  Is anyone else seeing t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies