Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Am I the only one having issues with canvas tonight? It  lets me log on but when it shows my dashboard the cards are just empty and keep flashing as it was buffering...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone guide me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Looking to see if there is an option for changing the language option to Irish??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added my class, but it isn't showing in canvas like it's supposed to.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I nickname a course on dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

So I dropped some classes, but I'm still enrolled in their canvas courses. There seems to be no way to delete myself from the courses, but is there any way to stop these specific courses from notifying me every time something in the class happens wit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't find any information on how to withdraw from a class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,In Course Navigation when I click on the Grades link, settings icon, for some reason I cannot see Late Policies option.I only see View Gradebook History, Hide Students Names, other options related to columns and enrollment, but no Late Policies...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

need help registering my math lab

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been trying to access assignments for classes through canvas on my MacBook. I can see everything just fine from my phone and desktops but my not from my MacBook (which I've already made sure is up-to-date). It will load the side bar with Account...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I clear my dashboard of old courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Would I be able to create a "quiz" in the Quizzes function within Canvas that a student could access multiple times to edit? I have what I call a "final exam" in a class that is more of a thinking, writing, and content application exercise. "Grading"...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have most of my assignments set up for automatic late penalties, so that if a student submits an assignment, quiz, or discussion post late, there is a corresponding late penalty. However, I have some assignments where I allow students to resubmit w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i am an instructor and when i log into my course page i cannot add any content. i down see any edit button. could you help? rmy5@columbia.edu. thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the Canvas gradebook, am I able to weight different portions of the students' grades?  If so, how do I put the %s for each type of grade in the Canvas gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have assignments assigned to me but they do not load when I click on assignments tab on the left.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have developed quite a few pages that display #interactive molecular animations that all depend upon a Javascript library called Jmol. All of the pages work as developed both from local windows directory AND from a Linux server. SOME of the pages w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas went live for us at the beginning of this semester, which was earlier this week. Although we didn't use them, we created course shells for the Fall 2019 semester in our Canvas instance. We are moving away from Blackboard, so faculty need to ge...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to Canvas and I am using Speed Grader for the first time. When I grade via my uploaded rubric, it shows the score for each criteria; however, it is not showing or calculating the total score once I've checked the student's respective rating. I th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I bought the ebook and cannot figure out how to get it in canvas, followed the directions in my email and nope. Please help. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally deleted a test. I thought it was something else and it was deleted. I was not the creator. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you wanted to give every student the same comment, is there a way to do it as  "fill" or batch comment instead of pasting/typing it over and over in the Assignment Comments box?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I edited the release date on a copied announcement but the post date still shows last semester.  How do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I share a class I've created with another teacher?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,My "to do" notifications aren't clearing when I am completing an assignment and it has really thrown me off.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I copy another instructors course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you mute an assignment while grading, with the new gradebook

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I open and take quizzes outside of the United States? Is Canvas supported internationally?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I have a blueprint with LTI integrations. When I sync the blueprint to a new associated class, the LTI keys are copied to the associated class.Does anyone know of a way to update the LTI keys used for an assignment in the new associated class post...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've been working with formula questions in Quizzes for a while and am trying New Quizzes.I would like to make variables that are dependent upon other variables.Example:"What is `x` plus `y` divided by `x^2 - y`"  and Canvas would display  "What is 3...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies