Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

HiI have two issues.  I am a professor at Wurzweiler School of Social Work, Yeshiva University.  1. Canvas has the wrong email address for me and this is creating a problem for me.  My email is llevy1@yu.edu, NOT lynn.levy@mail.yu.edu (that is a stud...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-19-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Have you assigned a google form quiz through Canvas? I have an issue with students accessing a Google Form via Canvas. I created an assignment then linked a Google Form quiz from my HHH google drive. Students can access and complete the form through ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do you copy an assignment from one class to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is this wrong?I have no margin of error, but it shouldn't be nescessary either, as it is the exact same number.What is happening?It started out as only making the error for rewriting 30 % to 0,3 since I have it set to give an answer with two deci...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Why don't I receive a badge when I've finished the course ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can I use the "edit/insert media" icon in the edit bar on a Canvas Page to embed a wmv or mp4 video that I have uploaded to my canvas course files?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some of my students are not able to upload a jpeg or mov. or pdf, into an assignment even though I have listed them as being acceptable files. They get a message that the file is not allowed. I am not sure how to instruct them as to how to upload a m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student emailed me that they can't access their auto textbook.  They stated "My auto access textbook keeps referring to something called launchpad but I can't seem to access any of the links for this." Does anyone know what that means?  Or where I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I saw a similar question and the answer was to log out from my account tab, but that doesn't show up on my page

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I purge the messages from last semester from the Canvas Inbox in my course? Help would be much appreciated.Brent Spaulding

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several power point presentations I use in my class.  Several of the students have asked if they can have access to them.  Specifically there are 16 presentations, one for each week.  How can I upload the powerpoint presentations, either indiv...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am assisting another professor on her course.  She has word doc links in some of the assignments for students.  When I view them in her student view, they open just fine with Microsoft Word.  When the student's attempt to open, they get an error me...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, our company recently purchased e-learning in SCORM packages. One of the issues we encountered when we tested it were participants being able to click through the e-learning material(uploaded as an assignment) by hitting the next button.Here are s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi there I'm not able to load my dash board onto my laptop I can pull it up on my phone just not my lap top

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student at https://www.canvas.net/I want to sign up at https://mde.instructure.com/login/canvaskindly guide me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my canvas course my homepage just announces that I have no messages and I cannot find my modules (for my other courses the modules are just all listed on the home page as they were on this one yesterday). I feel like the setting was messed up some...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can you make edits to a quiz after students have already taken it? I know that you can usually choose a re-grade option, but when the "Re-grade Option" window pops-up, it tells me that “Regrading is not allowed on this question because either an ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-12-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In only one section of a class that has three sections, students are not able to view their grade to date.  They can view all of their individual grades for assignments, but they cannot view their grade to date.  I've looked over everything i can, bu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,the issue our teachers are having is that while a student had previously had access and were added to the course, they suddenly did not have access to it anymore. Upon looking at the list, the teacher did not notice the student in the cla...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am an observer and I get all sorts of notifications about active events like assignments being graded.What I would like to do is get notifications when due dates are missed for assignments, quizes, tests, etc.I had one other parent tell me that thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all:I've had a problem show up twice in quizzes I've built in Quizzes.Next, namely, possible answers to multiple choice questions are disappearing from the versions of a quiz that I've created after I've saved and published the quiz. The only para...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Disregard this.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when I log onto canvas through safari, it doesn't load my enrolled classes in my dashboard... 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What are some apps that work within Canvas to allow students to punch-in/punch out for time and attendance?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't have modules on my dash board for this semesters class.How do I get the module button on my canvas?.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, We are building content for schools to use. When we are impersonating through a teacher account, we cannot see the Grading Notes we have entered for Essays. We originally intended the Grading Notes to hold the answers for essays to allow for e...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

The hide grades feature in the gradebook is not working.  The Grade Posting Policy does not work unless you change it before any assignments are posted.  Why can't the Mute button be brought back??  Please, please, please, please, BRING BACK THE MUTE...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are beginning to look into "cleaning up" our Canvas instance. Our vision is that courses of a certain age will be "archived," moved or placed elsewhere and only more recent and current classes will be searchable.  We clearly do not want to delete ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a student from a course? The student is not enrolled via My Madison and has never shown up for class but is listed on the class roster and gradebook in Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies