Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello,I am a Canvas new user.I would like to find out how you can create course templates in Canvas in the same way that you could in Blackboard Learn or Moodle. Likewise, in Moodle there were plug-ins available with different types of course formats...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can i change the background color of a table? There is an option "Advanced->Background color", and it works if I write for example "Yellow" in that box, but how do I get a general color?  

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot see anything on the laptop when I opened the canvas. What should I do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assume that the presentation of the clock timer when a student is taking a quiz is a global setting. I see in the student view, the student can choose to view or to hide the clock, but I am wondering if there are any other adjustments to the presen...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you change the theme and background colors in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HOW CAN A STUDENT WITHDRAW A FILE BECAUSE HE UPLOAD TO THE WRONG MODULE?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I save my answers periodically while taking a quiz or final exam?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! I want to log onto Module 1 in my course, but I can't. The due date is tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just got my Mac fixed and when I get on canvas my discussion board in the Module where I am supposed to upload and respond to classmates says "Loading Replies" and it never loads them. How do I fix it? This is not happening on my PC,I want to use m...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My canvas is not working on my computer or my phone it won't show my assignments or go to my class pages but it shows what classes I am in I can get to this help page and my account but that is about it as soon as I click on a class it won't load any...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to know why Canvas has recently stopped working properly when using Safari. The page constantly refreshes and every time it takes the page back to the beginning. This is irritating when you're part way through reading a Canvas page and it ta...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My instructor posted that we would be able to find an example of a practicum proposal on Canvas. I cannot find it anywhere. Please help. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to add a picture into my discussion but cannot get it to paste or even carry in from a word file-Help!

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

It is week 6 in one of my courses.  I have graded the students' papers and want to put their class grade in the grade book and was shocked to see that all of my grades (written in points) are missing!  why are they hidden? I am unable to replace the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to include a photo in a discussion board/comment section on canvas, and whenever I embed the photo I want to include, it uploads as being sideways or upside down. The pictures were taken on my phone and some are landscape and some are por...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my canvas won't let see my child grades the canvas bounces and doesn't load

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why can't I log into canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Recently, my assignments are no longer showing on the calendar when I look on my laptop. However, I can view my assignments on the calendar while using the canvas app on my phone. How can I view my assignments on the calendar when I'm on my laptop? P...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We set a Proctor role with viewing of Announcement and viewing of Grades turned on.  The rest art disabled and locked.  However, proctors can see the preview of the quiz even if it has not been published yet.  

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the point value of the quiz questions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get a poem I'm including in a quiz to be single spaced? I'm getting an error message that the poem (only 350 words) has too many characters. I've copied/pasted from a doc that is single spaced and it still double spaces.Thank you.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Can you tell me how I might comment on papers submitted through Canvas and keep those comments unseen to students until I post grades and comments on the papers for the whole class?I saw the "mute" option in each submitted paper, but I'm wondering...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot submit anything through my google drive and when I try to press on the google drive icon nothing happens. This happens both on my personal laptop and my Chromebook. However, I am able to submit through google drive on my parents' desktop, bu...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I go to turn in my assignment, I press submit and nothing happens...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make announcements viewable for my classes? 

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone know of a tool that can be added in Canvas that is similar to the reading accessibility tool "Read & Write" that is a Google Chrome add-on?  We have a handful of students who use this tool for support with reading but we are finding it do...

• 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a policy for Chamberlain School of Nursing on rewriting portions of an assignment that was turned into the instructor and if so where is it I can't seem to find any reference of such policy in the handbook or on the website. Any help on this...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently transferred Universities and I need too access my old course syllabus's to receive transfer credit for them. Can anyone help me please?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies