Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

After a student picks a response, A, the response is submitted and the system notes if the choice of A is correct or incorrect. If incorrect the student can make another choice D and submit to see if D is correct. If incorrect the student can make  a...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I'm a new instructor to Canvas.  How do I email my whole class at the same time?         Cody

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm wondering if there's a way to view the items posted in a discussion forum by date rather than alphabetically by name of student, as it displays now.  It's a graded discussion and I'd like to go through the items in the order they were posted so t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I change a default font?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our institution recently moved to Canvas (in the past year). I have a faculty who said in Blackboard they could write comments in assignments and just save them, but not submit. This allowed for them to be edited before grades were shown. That way, t...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A couple of questions about turnitin.com (TII) and Canvas:1) Do the accounts created within TII through Canvas count towards an overall limit of accounts we have on TII?  Example:  Every time a teacher assigns an assignment that has to be turned in t...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you add new quizzes to the calendar

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I assign the new quizzes to the calendar?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello Community,I have some courses where the instructor wants students to be able to choose between 2-3 graded discussion boards to participate in in a given week. What is the best way to do this so that it doesn't mess up the gradebook?Option 1: di...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I'd like to make the CSV import to add 1 user to 110 courses (it's painful to even imagine to do it manually).Is something like that possible? I've searched in the canvas documentation but i don't seem to find an example of any csv file.Thanks in adv...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.  I have an old MacBook Air and I can go to my account but when I'm on the dashboard, what used to look like my courses is in gray and shimmers.  I can't get to my courses.  Please advise.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need some help with getting the attendance fixed for a class. The professors other classes attendance work and i cannot seem to find where i can fix this in the settings. I need to get it to Roll Call as in photo 2. Appreciate any and all help than...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you enable the allow “import” grades setting on canvas?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add a second student to my account?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi can anyone tell me why the green check mark does not show in the grade book after grading a multiple submission assignment

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiIf a student responds to the feedback you give them is the teacher notified of the reply or do they have to check every student individually in case they do reply?thanks

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A lot of the time when i log into canvas the screen is just blank and nothing will show up and i have tried restarting but nothing will work what do i do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I just created a course and add some contents only on the calendar, then I sent the enroll links to my students. However, they couldn't access to the content "Access denied". All the filled has been published. What should I do?Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

By default, both quizzes and assignments appear in the Assignments navigation tab. There is another tab called Quizzes in which only quizzes appear. This is confusing for my new users. How can I remove the quizzes from the Assignments tab? I tried cr...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to add a MathQuill formula to a matching question in the new quizzes, is there?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Here's what I want to do: I want to have all my students peer review the same doc/file.Can I "submit" the doc in the student view, and then manually assign all my students to peer review the test student's submission?If not, is there another way to h...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

MY AP SCORES AREN'T SHOWING UP BUT THEY WERE SENT TO FSU IN JUNE.  WHAT DO I DO?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can get onto canvas on safari (have an iPhone) but I go to use the exact same credentials for the app says isn’t found  

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In my collage course we do journal entries, the format is by using discussions, the main post is the question and the replies are the answers to the question. The discussion gets locked on the due date so no more replies can be made. on one day I was...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students are complaining that they are being bumped out of their revision quizzes before they have finished. this is well before the time limit is up and before the end date. 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have Canvas free version for Teachers. I am trying to upload a course I exported from a different Canvas a couple of years ago. When I go to import it times out. The zipped imscc file is under the allocated 250mb, not sure what I am doing wrong? Se...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not a fan of the new grading policy that Canvas thought would be great to implement. It is more complicated and confusing and has caused more issues than it is worth. Besides the fact when we import grades from an outside entity Canvas marks EVE...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello!Our school use Canvas LMS. I am thinking to redesign the glossary page (which is currently in basic text format, long and dry) to interactive page. I know how to make it within Storyline/PPT, but since the words are soooo many (21 words begin w...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies