Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Will Canvas be changing the 32-bit applications to 64-bit so I can use an Apple computer in the near future on Canvas? 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Newbie to groupHow do I download a file using the API?The file is a *.docx.I see GET /api/v1/courses/:course_id/files/:id That will give me the URL:  https:.../files/id/download?download_frd=1&verifier=XXXXbut it wants to open in my browser, and then...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there any way to download a quiz/test I have on Canvas?  I am needing to submit to an administrator my test .

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm new to canvas, I just uploaded a video under a discussion. The video plays fine, but it has no sound.. It is not muted in the video, my computer speakers are on and work for other videos I play with other programs... Any ideas on how to fix this?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I know how to mute/hide an assignment. Would either method hide annotations made in speedgrader, comments left in a rubric, or comments left in the comment box? 

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to make a test using previous test  and not going back through each test bank?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Quick question: Is anyone using Xerte embedded within Canvas? We are considering using Knowbly and I wondered if Xerte had any users.Thanks!

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My school has shown us how to use Turnitin as a plagiarism checker and the tools in Canvas to grade papers. However, once I do that, my kids cannot seem to locate the GRADED  PAPER with my marks on it from within CANVAS and I have not been able to lo...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is anyone else having this issue? Do we have to download Chrome or something?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am I able to set up an Auto reply in discussions to remind my students of items?#Discussion

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you create a CSV file in order to upload grades?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can an instructor view the peer review assignments? I have students who cannot find their assigned partner, and I don't know how to help them.

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Every time I try and put my conference  in full screen it only shows a white blanket screen. Audio still works but I can see the slides or follow along. #bigbluebutton #fullscreen #recording

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I recorded a conference session on BigBlue Button last week. The recording was working previously but I just tried to watch it again and it doesnt seem to be working. It will have the audio and chat, but the slides will not show progression. How can ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I focus the microscope when doing lab assignments in McGraw?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’m getting the following message when clocking on Bluejeans link:The page you were looking for doesn't exist (404)Status: 404,Error-message: Couldn't find User without an ID,Error-code: 56a37568-c5b2-4f6e-bafe-22be35a819a9,If you are the application...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to make it so that students can't see their grade on something they're submitted until they open the attached comments? Or something similar?  Asking for a friend (my teachers).  Simple yet creative solutions will get me giddy! :smil...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why can't students open a link to file I have in my canvas files. It says "access denied- your instructor has been notified of a problem with this link" I also am not sure how or if I was notified.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do u order books

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a user who reports that the "Take the Survey" and "Mark as Done" buttons are not appearing on his device. See attached screenshots from user. (Four others have completed the mini-course with no problems.) The individual reports using Chrome on...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently had a quiz for my class of 240 students which went swimmingly. Unfortunately, I had 1 student that needed to take the quiz late. Instead of just adding them to the "Assign to" section, I reassigned it to just the one student. Obviously thi...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I import a picture in my discussion posts?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make my modules my landing page? (Where students begin when they open my course.) Right now I have a page as what students open on. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I upload a video straight into the RCE through the upload/record media tool, it cuts off the last 15 minutes or so. Anyone know what's up? 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can an instructor add another instructor or does the campus admin have to do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student's quiz was submitted without all or some questions answered.  Can I un-submit the quiz to allow the student to complete the quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I've done a lot of research for over 20 days on how to build an LTI but unfortunately, I couldn't find a clear instruction on how to make a website an LTI so it can be integrated as an External App into the Canvas LMS? like those apps listed on...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to move an entire test from one course to another course?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies