Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am using Canvas Free for Teachers which do not support SCORM (directly). I was wondering if there is a way for me to still add SCORM assignments that are hosted in my AWS account. I can't find any useful instructions that allow for the SCORM assign...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hej. Jag saknar "Assignment" på min Canvas. Hur får jag dit den funktionen:med vänlig hälsningab0676aw-sAbeer Awad

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I followed these instructions. where do I see the extra credit points factor in? I waited for students to complete then graded them. Once I changed from 4 point quiz to 0 point survey...all the number points went back to airplane (not graded symbol) ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I accidentally deleted a VERY important email!! How do I get it back?! Please help! I'm in a time crunch!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We would like to use Canvas for teachers to communicate with students that are in their clubs/sports teams.  We thought Groups would be a solution but it appears that an adviser/coach can't manage student enrollment which is too big a task for us to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In creating a new Canvas site, I copied all content from a previous course site. Now I realize that that is too much content. E.g. I do not want the gradebook, etc. So I want to delete the site that I just created, and start over. How do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to for students to resubmit a paper through the original turn in box?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi, My canvas account doesn't work on my computer just on my phone , what should I do to fix that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

@jason_paddock ‌ googlecloudassignment‌ #rubricsI am giving my students an assignment in which they use the external tool "Google Cloud Assignment" to access and complete a document I've created. I would like to be able to attach a rubric to this as...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to allow students to answer quiz questions using subscripts?  I want students to be presented with a chemical name and have to put in the formula as text.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The Speed Grader highlight and strikethrough tools are causing me much frustration. I am having to click and drag five to ten times every time I try to highlight a word, sentence, or phrase on which I want to comment. The tool simply won't start mark...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi,I'm trying to change a discussion board assignment from not-graded to "graded," but the gray box won't allow me to check it. I accidentally double-posted the assignment, and one of them (that most students used to access the discussion) did not ha...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi Everyone,Can the regrade option still be available in a Blueprint course when the quizzes are locked. Here is the answer I got from our instructional designer when I asked how we could regrade quizzes in a brand new course using new test banks whe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am hoping someone has the answer. I tried installing the Edpuzzle LTI and it didn't work. The link in the course navigation was added after creation, but it doesn't work: I get an invalid LTI launch request.{"errorCode":"invalid-lti-launch-request"...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I want to open a discussion board for students to participate outside of class by posting questions, comments etc. I have published a new discussion this week, and several students have been able to see it and reply on that thread (image: Canvas ques...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does canvas not work with Safari

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to disable the copy and paste (well, actually only paste) into a quizz's answer element. This is to prevent from simply copying answers somewhere and pasting them into the answer field into a quiz.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are trying to access my published quiz but are receiving an error message saying it's part of an unpublished module.The module where the quiz is located appears to be published.How can I check this? How can I publish the module with the q...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why is my log in not working on my tablet and iPhone, but it works well everywhere else?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I change the subject line and/ the "from" line in the invitation email sent by Canvas?  I noticed that although people are expecting the invitation email they are not accepting the link.  I sent it to myself and realized that it seems like ju...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When viewing the log for a student that has completed a quiz or test, in the gradebook, what does the comment  < x Stopped viewing the Canvas quiz-taking page...>, mean exactly and what is its significance?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I post a sign up for students? Can the date/time they sign up go straight to the course calendar? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to using Canvas.... Under the dashboard icon, my daughters courses are not shown.  If I go to the courses icon, I do not have the ability to select courses to move to the dashboard.  How can I access her course work and  information teachers...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Each time I attempt to embed my image into a discussion it loads horizontally when the format should be vertical. I have tried rotating the original, changing the size and several other maneuvers but the image (it's a JPEG)always loads sideways. Any ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Myself and a couple colleagues have been doing some app development against the Canvas API for the last several months. Tested out calls using Postman and then built out the solution in whatever environment we needed to (it varied some). While the in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using a public computer to do my online assignments. At first, I was able to log into my online course without any issues, now I am unable to log into my online classroom to do any of my assignments on a public computer even at a library. I can ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, one of my TAs messed up and accidentally gave everyone in the class (500 students) a participation score instead of just his section. Since I didn't save the gradebook immediately before he did this, am I correct in understanding that there is no...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear Admin,I hope that you are well, and I'm sorry to bother you.I logged onto Canvas successfully, and it seems to be working fine. However, a message appears on the screen saying that my 'browser does not support the webpage'. I updated google chro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can you export class calendar events to your IPhone calendar when you are using the app? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students are reporting seeing the distribution of all student grades for assignments in the gradebook (i.e. 7.5% - 100%). How do I stop this feature from showing?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies