Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there any way you can remove your submitted assignment and resubmit it??

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I gave a quiz, but I don't want it to calculate into the student's grade. I can't find anything that says don't calculate in grade. I looked at quiz information, and I can't find it there either. Does someone know who can help me please? Should I cha...

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am taking a course and have to submit and assignment. The green "submit assignment" button is on the page, but when I click on it it does not give me a text box to type my assignment.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our online students use ProctorU for proctoring.  When the ProctorU proctor types in the password, the student can see it. Is there a fix for this

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Disclaimer: We are using a SRG model in our district in which a 2.5 correlates to an 80%.Because we do not have a traditional grading scheme, it is critical for the letter grade to show in a few key locations on Canvas so its not confusing for parent...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have students respond every day to a song and a poem. I don't want to delete any of those assignments or discussions, but it would be nice if when students clicked on modules, they only saw the 5-10 most recent assignments or discussions. 

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I move an item from assignments to modules?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I received the following scenario last night, and while I try to setup a test, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen and can confirm this behaviorMy son uses the calendar feature and when he clicks on the agenda tab, he can select which courses he wa...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone!Is there a reason the rubric lines don't match up? Is it supposed to help students visually?Thank you!Belén

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I logged on to canvas yesterday and my reading list came up as ERROR 400 does not recognise 1928165So I have come on to log it with you today, but my dashboard is not displaying my modules either now.what do I need to do next?Thank you for your help ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using Safari on my Macbook Pro to browse my group assignment page. When I try to scroll down, it keeps jumping to the top of the page every a few seconds. It happens on all the assignment pages with 'Submit Assignment' buttons on the top, so I gu...

• 7 Likes
  • 22 Replies

I want to upload scrim into my Canvas instance as the sole form of online learning for my online students at this stage.The intent is have them simply log in to their account and dashboard after applying to be in the course and be able to access the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I want to set up Scorm only within my Cavas instance as the sole teaching medium.I would like learners to simply log into their dashboards and do online learning via a score module

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To Do tasks are not deleting in the IOS app.  Usually I swipe right to get a red delete button and they go away.  However, since last Thursday or so they no longer delete.  Help!

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am teaching a lab and I would like the students to have the option to turn the lab in in pairs (self-assigned) or alone. I have enabled the "group assignment" option under the assignment but no one can figure out how to get the students into assign...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I inadvertently labeled some of my content as 'Assignment' when it should be a 'Page' - but I can't seem to find where to edit?Does anyone know how to do this?Newer to Canvas,Deborah

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When I log into my canvas page I am unable to follow provide links to assignments. My dashboard won't load and I'm am unable to submit assignments. I'm not sure what I can do to fix this problem, any suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a paper assignment that I already submitted

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up my course to allow assignments to be late for a 10% deduction per day for up to 6 days.  However, my students are telling me that the assignments are locked after the due date and won't allow them to submit them late.  I am so confused.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I find proof that I submitted my assignment in on time? My  professor is having trouble opening it so I need to be able to show that it was submitted before the deadline. Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow a student 40 more minutes on her previous (already submitted) attempt?  Currently the test is set for 75 minutes, but a student only used 35 minutes, so I would like to allow her 40 more minutes to finish the test.  If I allow a retake...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

WHAT DAYS IN NOVEMBER DO WE HAVE NO SCHOOL ? FOR THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY ? 

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I open app and go to my courses it kicks me out of the app. This only happens on my IPad, I’ve already reach to Apple support and text support at the University neither re able to up help me with this issue. Can not use the app for my courses pl...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way I can send an automatic reminder to all people who have signed up for an appointment group?Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For being my first time, the video tutorial tells me what can be done in RCE, but not HOW or WHERE to access it.  I am totally lost.I am trying to record and upload an introductory video for my course.  Rather frustrating.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a test bank I have in my files in Canvas.  What I want to do it put them into a test bank.  The documents are in word format and I dont think it will upload into a test bank.  At least, I cant figure out how to do it.  Could someone direct me ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know why when I link from the home page to a week page under the modules area, it brings user to the center of the page rather than to the top? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a parent with 2 students on my account.  I no longer need to observe 1 of the students.  How can I delete that student from my account so that I will only be able to observe 1 student?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am trying to create an iOS application that uses the Canvas API. According to this forum, students have access to API keys that students only have access too. That is fine, I was wondering how do I get these keys?Any links that would direct me t...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies