Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you help me?

Jump to solution

the file corrupt and cannot be opened.when I want to do my assignment (Excel)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephen_taylor
Advocate

Hi Yonghong Chen,

I'm afraid that this is an issue only your course instructor will be able to fix.  This is a global community of educators you have posted in where we can share all sorts of how tis and tips and tricks but sadly fixing corrupt files isn't one of them.

I'd recommend sending your instructor a message or an email asking for a fresh copy of the file that you can work on.

Please do let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Stephen

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stephen_taylor
Advocate

Hi Yonghong Chen,

I'm afraid that this is an issue only your course instructor will be able to fix.  This is a global community of educators you have posted in where we can share all sorts of how tis and tips and tricks but sadly fixing corrupt files isn't one of them.

I'd recommend sending your instructor a message or an email asking for a fresh copy of the file that you can work on.

Please do let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Stephen

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @10947639  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  If you are having difficulties downloading a file for your course, I would highly recommend that you reach out to your instructor to let him/her know that there is an issue that might need to be fixed on his/her end.  If the file is not downloading/opening for you, chances are that other classmates may have the same issue.  You can contact your instructor directly by following the steps in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌  Also, it may be the case that your instructor has notifications set already that alerts him/her when students click on a link that is not working properly.  But, that would be a setting your instructor would have to do on his/her end within his/her own profile.  At any rate, contact your instructor using the link I have provided, and that should hopefully help.  Good luck to you!