printing gradesheet from gradebook

Jump to solution
jeneen_hill
Community Contributor

Hi all, I have followed the steps to export the gradebook, and am able to do that. When I go to look at the spreadsheet, it has so many extra columns of assignments/old quizzes that are not assigned to this course. I can't see them in the gradebook in Canvas, but they appear in the download. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I realize I could go and "hide" the columns, but was wondering if there was a preventive way.  TIA, Jeneen Hill

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@jeneen_hill 

I am not sure, but those may come from copying course content from another course.

You can go to the assignment tab for the course and see if those extra assignments are there and delete them.  That would remove them from the gradesheet.

Along the same lines the one thing I don't like in the download are all the extra columns put in for the current score, unposted current score, final score and unposted final score columns that are shown for every assignment group.

Not sure any of the above helps.  Of course if you are viewing the download you can always go and delete all the extraneous columns(should not have to but at least it is a way to get what you want)

View solution in original post