cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eearle
Community Member

"marked as done" not visible to students

Jump to solution

I have set pages within my modules to be marked as done after students read them, and I am seeing that icon when I go to student view.  But students have been telling me that it does not appear for them. A student showed me her screen and I could see it was missing. Any thoughts on what is happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eearle
Community Member

Good morning! I had opened the course early so it allowed students to read the pages I had open but not interact with them. Once the course opened, they were able to see the "marked done" icon.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @eearle .  When you say you have set it for marked as done after reading the page, is it set so that when the student views the page it will be marked as complete or that the student has to manually mark the page as done?  Just wondering what setting you used in the modules.  Also, is this happening for all students or just some of the students?

Thanks for the additional information!

eearle
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I just select the option 'mark as done' for pages under 'edit module settings'. I have other items marked to 'view the item' and the different requirement is listed with each of the pages. I thought they had to manually check the Mark as done icon in the upper right corner. I've attached what I see when I go to student view.

I'm not sure if all students are not seeing this icon. The course actually starts tomorrow, so I am just having them go in early to review the course syllabus and other information.

Liz

Hi  @eearle   Yes, if a page is indicated as "mark as done" students should need to check a button to indicate that the page was completed.  I don't see an image attached to this thread.  Might you attach this again or has the problem seemed to resolve itself?

Thanks!

James
Community Champion

ericwerth

The attachment is there, but they don't show up if you're viewing the thread from the Inbox. You need to open the thread first.

@eearle 

The course actually starts tomorrow, so I am just having them go in early to review the course syllabus and other information.

Since your course doesn't start until tomorrow, are students allowed to participate in the course at the current time? If not, that would explain why the Mark as Done is not enabled.

eearle
Community Member

Good morning! I had opened the course early so it allowed students to read the pages I had open but not interact with them. Once the course opened, they were able to see the "marked done" icon.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

eearle
Community Member

Thanks, James. We figured out once the course started and students could see "marked done" that they couldn't interact with the course before the official start date.