List of all pages

Jump to solution
jp_van_huizen
Community Explorer

I'm getting really annoyed when I have to pull up a list of all pages. I click "Pages" in the course menu and then I have to make the same choice again by clicking "View all pages". Please tell me there's an easier way to view all pages in a course.

I am asking it because I need to renew a lot of courses with a new template. I can't reset the course content because then it gets a new course ID. Since we generate courses from our SIS I need to throw the content away and import a template.

So my question is: is there a setting so that when I click on "Pages" in the course menu, it gives me an overview of all course pages. 

Ps. I use "Checkrange" (a Chrome plugin) to select all the pages at once.

JP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
stimme
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jp_van_huizen You can bypass the Front Page by adding "/pages" to the course home URL (e.g. canvas.inst.com/courses/####). The Pages link in course nav goes to /wiki. This displays the Front Page, else redirects to /pages.

You might also want to revisit the course reset possibility. Resetting creates a new empty Canvas course shell, which has a new numerical course ID. But Canvas moves the course SIS ID from the original course shell to the new one. The SIS imports should be matching on the course SIS ID, not the numerical Canvas course ID (how would the SIS know what it is?).

View solution in original post