Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I earn badges in the Instructure Community?

How do I earn badges in the Instructure Community?

In the Instructure Community, badges are designed to recognize members for the ways they participate in and contribute to the Community.  They allow other members to identify you based on your interests and recognize your credibility as a member of the Community.

Badges are earned automatically as you reach milestones in your participation in the Community, and they display in your Community profile.

Participation Badges

Participation Badges

In the Community, badges are earned automatically for the following participation milestones:

• Logins [1]: Displays the number of times you have logged in to the Community.
  • Likes [2]: Displays the number of likes your content has received.
  • Replies [3]: Displays the number of comments you have posted in the Community.
  • Solutions[4]: Displays the number of accepted solutions you have provided in the Question Forums.
  • Blogs [5]: Displays the number of blog posts you have authored in the Community.

To display the date a badge was earned, hover your cursor over the badge [6]. If the badge has not yet been earned, the Not yet earned message displays [7].

Anniversary Badge

Anniversary Badge

Each year, on the anniversary of the date that you joined the Community, you receive an Anniversary badge.

To view your anniversary date, hover the cursor over a badge.

Special Edition Badges

Special Edition Badges

Limited-release badges are periodically offered for attending Instructure events or for completing specific tasks.

Badges that are available, but that you haven't earned, display as shaded.  To display the date a badge was earned, hover the cursor over the badge [1].

To view details about a badge, click the Badge icon [2].

View Badges

View Badges

Your most recently earned badges display on the My Profile page in your Community account.

To view all badges, including those you have not yet earned, click the View All Badges button.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Embed this guide in your Canvas course:

Note: You can only embed guides in Canvas courses. Embedding on other sites is not supported.