Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructure Community Rankings

Allie_Dilts
Community Team
Community Team
2 3 223

Some of you have reached out asking for more information about the Instructure Community ranks, so we thought we’d share them with you. It’s our hope and expectation that these rank names paint a picture of your participation, contributions, and community-building efforts. 

What’s a user rank?

In the Instructure Community, a user rank accentuates your level of activity, contribution, and pure awesomeness. Your user rank displays below or next to your username: on your profile page, in your comments, on blog posts, and so forth. 

Profile with Rank Displayed.png

How is my rank determined and how can I earn a higher rank? 

Your user rank is unique to your level of participation in our online community. Broadly speaking, the more you do while you’re here, the higher your rank climbs.

Within the Instructure Community, you’re invited to participate in a variety of activities. These include but are not limited to the following: 

• Post suggestions and answers for others, especially in the Question Forum
  • Leave comments and have discussions with other community members in groups, discussions, and comments
  • Follow other community members and recognize their contributions with kudos
  • Propose and author blog posts

Because our community is a living, growing place, it kinda goes without saying that our ranks are also subject to change and evolution. 

What are the user ranks in the Community?

Without further ado, here are our Community ranks:

New Members

Rank Description

Surveyor

A newcomer to our Community, this person has taken a brief look around to see what’s here and has introduced themselves by creating a user profile. 

Learner

This person has taken advantage of some of our community’s resources. They’re getting to know what’s offered, by whom, and where to find it all. 

Explorer

Probably somewhat familiar with our major resources, this person has spent a little time digging around and looking through the community. Maybe they’ve even made a foray into the world of helping others in the Question Forum.

Adventurer

This person’s shown that they’ve got a good working knowledge of the Community and that they’re willing to acknowledge, work with, and help others. 

Community Contributors

Rank Description

Lamplighter

This person has shown that they’re willing to highlight the Community’s resources, maybe even handing out a kudos here and there. They also thoughtfully participate and communicate with other people in the Instructure Community. 

Navigator

Back seat drivers are welcome here! This person knows their way around Instructure products and they’ve demonstrated their directional skills for others in the Question Forum, comments, and posts. 

Wayfinder

Working to discover new, better, or different ways to do things, this person shares their expertise, knowledge, and successes (and failures) with others in the Community. If there’s a way, they’ll find it! 

Advanced Contributors

Rank Description

Mariner

This person has waded into the world of Instructure Community blogging while maintaining their community-building efforts. They’re the captains of their ship! 

Aviator

Reaching new heights, this person has gone above and beyond in their community participation with blog posts, answered questions, comments, kudos, and more. And in their efforts, they raise us all up!

Voyager

Not only has this person traversed the Instructure Community, but they’ve shown that they’re willing to explore new frontiers and build bridges. Other Community members have also recognized their contributions. 

Legendary Contributors

Rank Description

Torchbearer

This person’s contributions have reached legendary status. Like the Olympic flame, their influence is ever-present and consistent. 

Trailblazer

Showing they’re in it for the long haul, this marathon runner’s been around the community for a while. They’ve done a bit of everything, and others see and know them as experts in their field. They continue to find and share their successes, and they pave the way for others’ successes, too. 

Champion

Like the Olympians of old, these champion Community members have and continue to set the standard for community participation, building, support, and helpfulness. Their Herculean efforts built this place. 

3 Comments
de_millington
Explorer II

Interesting rankings "in theory", but this tells us nothing about how the rubric works. The rubric tells us the parameters but not the values that need to be attributed against those parameters. Moreover, is there a real rubric somewhere that automatically scores against the parameters? Alternatively, does someone have a fulltime job of manually ranking every community profile?

Furthermore, can any one tell us what happened to the old number ranking? Was it abandoned because it became divisive or has it been hidden somewhere? 

de_millington
Explorer II

And another thing...While I was commenting, I received a notification that my rank went up from Learner to Learner II, then 2 minutes later, Explorer II. If I keep commenting at this rate, by this time tomorrow night I will be Champion. 🙄

Emilyisme
Adventurer II

Cool, now I know what all these "ranking up" notifications mean.