Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You had us @ mention

CommunityTeam
Explorer III
5 56 1,218

CM-Valentine-Card.png

We couldn't pass up the opportunity to express how much we appreciate the members in our Canvas Community. Your resourcefulness, innovation and brilliance inspire our team every day. We are constantly impressed at the level of engagement among our members.

"We @ U, Canvas Community!"

Now, it's your turn to say "I @ U" to someone in the Canvas Community. Who has made your life better in some way? Did someone go above-and-beyond in answering one of your questions? Did someone help you navigate the community when you were lost? Did you come across a life-saving Canvas work-around? Or, meet a new colleague in a community group? We'd love to hear about it!

To earn 10 points and our limited-time Valentine badge, be sure to do the following when posting your comments below:

• @mention the name ​​of your special Canvas Community member.
  • Tell us how he/she helped make your community experience awesome!

Your @ mentions will notify that person and, hopefully, bring him/her to this thread and be inspired to share a story that continues the love chain.

This challenge will retire at the end of February 2016.

Tags (2)
56 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@biray ​ Thank you for sharing the Community Love!

You always come up with creative and fun ideas that keep us connected!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@cwendt ​, thanks for your generosity of spirit and willing contribution of your time. You've stepped in many a time, without expectations or hope of accolade, to share your knowledge of Canvas from the perspective of a K-12/language teacher and many of your peers have benefited from your expertise. Smiley Happy

clong
Learner II

@emily_beckman ​, for sharing a great API call that is a lifesaver when we need to remove students as observers of other students or sometimes parents Smiley Wink see: How does a parent stop observing a student?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Big shout out to  @kmeeusen ​ for starting the CanvasHacks Classroom. It's an amazing resource that has added a lot to the Community and my own knowledge of hacks/work arounds for designing in Canvas. In addition, he often provides insightful commentary (and often a voice of reason) on feature ideas! Thank you Kelley! Smiley Happy

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rseilham , I've picked up many mobile tricks from your posts and courses. Thanks for collaborating with me inside Canvas Mobile Users so the mobile feature discussions could become more accessible to the Community.

jbrady2
Community Member

@kona  In the short time that I have been active in the Canvas Community, you have answered many of my questions as I continue to find my way through Canvas.  Thank you for all of your insight. Smiley Happy

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you! I enjoy being a part of the Community and not only helping people, but learning new things as well!

john_morris
Explorer III

stefaniesanders​ for intuitively posting code in advance of when I need it and for responding with actual HTML code solutions when requested!

@kona ​ for helping me find my way around when I first joined the Canvas Community.

And to all the others who have provided quick answers, probing questions, and helpful resources... thank you!

Heart

Steve_Watts
Explorer III

@dhulsey , whose unlimited knowledge of Turnitin is proving valuable as we attempt to move over to the LTI integration. Anyone in a similar situation, be sure to check out his blog here: https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/designers/blog/2015/04/18/canvas-and-turnitin

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
tdelillo
Community Member

I second that!

tdelillo
Community Member

I think erinhallmark​ deserves recognition (and a gold medal, and a baby panda, and a...) for keeping an eagle eye on the release notes comments and keeping the lines of communication open. That is one tough job, especially when things get a little... heated.

snugent
Lamplighter II

OK this is not easy to pick just one person. Everyone who has been mentioned so far is on my list so I gonna pick someone who hasn't been mentioned yet.  @G_Petruzella ​ has been a leader with the Gamification​ group and getting people to take their courses to new level of interactivity. He has shared lots of code examples and even presented on some of the out of the ordinary ways you can use Canvas. Thank  @scottdennis ​,  @Renee_Carney ​,  @biray ​, and Deactivated user​ for making this a great community!

franke
Community Member

@kona ​ since meeting at Project Khaki you've been nothing short of awesome in helping out to answer my questions and ensuring that the community stays active!  Great job as a Canvas Coach! Smiley Happy

canvas_admin
Community Member

I appreciate  @James ​ who creates amazing scripts that are useful for extending functionality within Canvas and has helped me with various programming issues.

Also,  @kenneth_larsen ​ for his amazing KennethWare that is the foundation for our new course design.

Finally,  @kmeeusen ​. I got to meet Kelley at InstructureCon 2015 and had several good conversations with him. I appreciate his curmudgeonly humor in the community and for the CanvasHacks Demo course.

brueckert
Community Member

He's been mentioned already, but deserves to be mentioned a bajillion more times -  @dhulsey ​, your work on the Turnitin LTI saved me countless hours of troubleshooting in migrating away from the legacy API. Thank you sir!

@clong ​, I always appreciate your thoughtful commentary in matters of e-learning best practices. Thank you! and one of these days, I plan on taking your Advanced Instructional Strategies MOOC. I look forward to it!

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

I'd like to mention  @chofer ​ and  @Robbie_Grant ​ who are two more people that often are the first to answer people's questions and offer guidance to those looking for it.  The Community wouldn't run without folks like you!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

I would like to mention the following Canvas Coaches andCanvas Community​ managers that teach me something new almost every single day:

awilliams​,  @chofer ​,  @clong ​,  @James_Kocher_UF ​, Deactivated user​,  @kenneth_larsen ​, A00015317​,  @kona ​, A00364575​, stefaniesanders​,  @travis_thurston ​,  @scottdennis ​,  @Renee_Carney ​,  @biray ​, Deactivated user​.

G_Petruzella
Learner II

3 people I'd love to recognize:

coracaozinho-para-o-luiz-otavio.png

awilliams​, who's been prolific and active in sharing docs and ideas in the Admins group since forever;

cfierro​, an awesome advocate of open generally, and the Canvas Commons specifically;

@jamely ​, a new student member of the community - who's nevertheless made an awesome start with her Ideas on bending Canvas to Gamification resource page.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks  @john_morris ​! It was a pleasure to help and I'm glad you've stuck around and become an active member of the Community!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'll totally second that one!!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks  @franke ! The Community is a great place and I enjoy getting to stay in touch with all the great people I've met from Khaki and InstructureCon! Smiley Happy

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Garsh, now I'm blushing.

I would like to give a shout out to all the Community coaches who work tirelessly to manage all the feature requests, and help everybody who needs!

it!

And my new friends Kona, Stephanie, James, Adam and Mark!

KLM

jordan
Community Member

gif-keyboard-17406263408859254852.gif

I'm always amazed to see the helpful responses offered by the Canvas Community!  When someone reaches out in distress by asking a question in our Find Answers​ space, they are warmly greeted with prompt responses, productive feedback, ideas and workaround solutions. This same behavior is exhibited in our Canvas Feature Ideas​ space and other Communities of Practice, like our Canvas Admins​ and Instructional Designers​ groups.

Aside from all the others already mentioned, I've watched  @RobDitto ​ and  @Beth_Young ​ offer strong support to their Canvas peers for several years now.  @judyk ​ is another great community player! She's always full of positive comments and contributions.  @stephanie_pope ​ is another powerhouse community member who instantly comes to mind. Did you read her recent OER post? - Sharing is the New Normal​.  @klundstrum ​ and  @kroeninm ​ are some other wonderful community members who are always adding value here!

❤️ You all! Thanks for being a part of something bigger than us all  Smiley Wink

brueckert
Community Member

4327637.jpg

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

@jodath ​ is another person who is relentlessly helpful in the community - a great example of a client willing to partner with the vendor with the shared goal of improving the product for all users.

mjennings
Adventurer II

@kenneth_larsen ​ has always gone the extra mile in helping with JavaScript &  @kona ​ is always one of the first people to comment or like a post/question. I swear she doesn't sleep.

One last big kudo goes out to the entire communityteam​ for making this place so awesome!

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you, Matt!

RobDitto
Navigator

Thank you so much for the kind words, Deactivated user​! It's a privilege to be part of a community that's truly passionate about teaching and learning using technology.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Sleeping is so overrated... Smiley Wink

Thanks for the shout out  @mjennings !

JGarton
Community Member

Shout out to  @clong ​ for continually providing helpful information, most recently his tip on setting Examview preferences prior to export.

shauna_vorkink
Surveyor

Shout out to  @James ​ for an excellent post!  Obtaining and using Access Report data for an entire course

Very timely and highly requested.

stefaniesanders​ and I have been rubbing shoulders for 3 years now as Coaches, Fellow Contractors, and Friends!  Her dedication to the Ideal of a true Canvas Community have inspired me on many occasions.  Canvas Coach Such Awesome People Smiley Happy  

erinhallmark
Community Team
Community Team

Aww thanks  @tdelillo and  @kona ​ I do it all for you guys and try to make your lives easier (which continually pushes me to figure out how to make things even better). Smiley Happy  I'm glad that my job brings me to the community often so I can interact with many of you!

In turn, if I could tag all the people in the community who have contributed insight and feedback in release notes I totally would... but instead  @biray ​​​ and I share love by giving community points for being a Community Rockstar. So if you end up getting some of those, it's my way of sending a genuine thank you. Thank you!

Erin

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

awesome1-300x240.jpgI would like to mention  @James ​ for the time he takes to answer questions in the community.  He goes above and beyond to help people, and many of the things I've seen him create documents/blogs about using Google Docs are just plain cool and are a time saver!  So, thanks James!

Also, I'd like to mention  @G_Petruzella ​ and  @kmeeusen  for their resources courses that have been helpful for me.  I've been able to create our our "resources" course for our faculty, and the information Gerol and Kelley have compiles has been of great help.  Thanks guys!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

+1 for  @dhulsey  and his Turnitin blog!

jazemlya
Surveyor

I would like to give a shout out to ​ @emihunt  for being my Canvas Support ninja.  She is amazing to work with!

Also a shout out to clcavana​ for pushing me to have a larger role in the community!

clcavana
Surveyor

Likewise to  @jazemlya ​ for Community inspiration and active interest. I also want to mention Deactivated user​ for sharing more about Canvas and Commons during her visit to IU, as well as her interest in our questions and requests!

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks, Chris, and I would like to thank you. Not only have you helped me many times in here, but I see the expertise you spread throughout the Community all the time.

klm

Beth_Young
Community Member

Here's to  @cwendt ​ who suggests great feature ideas (and who often likes mine).  @James ​ who has posted so many helpful workarounds, which I appreciate knowing about even when I don't know how to implement the code.  @dhulsey ​ who has created and shared such useful videos.

And all the folks at UCF who give me great support irl as well as here:  @ginan ​, tr_jbates​,  @egreenwo ​, cms_hickss​, enettles​,  @rseilham ​,  @nicole_stahl ​ (and anyone else I might have accidentally missed).

kedgecomb
Community Member

stefaniesanders

Stefanie brings a wealth of knowledge to the Canvas Community.  I am impressed with her ideas, troubleshooting tips, and her timeliness to answer questions.  Thanks so much and Happy Belated Valentine's Day!!!

janejump
Explorer

stefaniesanders​ gets my vote as well! I am a Bb convert so feel as though I've been scrambling the past year to get caught up with the features and functionality of Canvas. Stephanie has been awesome with explanations, examples, code and just quick, thorough responses to my messups or any necessary clarification. Thanks stefaniesanders !!

Beth_Young
Community Member

I can't resist adding shout-outs to  @scottdennis ​, stefaniesanders​,  @kona ​, Deactivated user​,  @biray ​  . . . even though it goes without saying that all these folks have helped create a terrific community here, now is a good time to say it! Thanks!

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Thanks, Beth!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks  @Beth_Young ​! You're pretty awesome yourself! Smiley Happy

lse224
Community Member

I'd like to thank my real-life colleagues ryan.myers​ and  @millsw ​ for encouraging me to engage more in Community. I've learned so much, and I'm kicking both of their butts in terms of points. Thanks, guys!

And thanks to  @kona ​ because I didn't know this group existed five minutes ago.

-Lea

dtheriault
Surveyor

I have a Canvas Trinity of Love to share:

To  @biray ​ for moving my stuff around when it's in the wrong place, for explaining why things are or aren't happening, for letting me drive her to HBUHSD without once pretending to step on the brake to get me to slow down.

To  @scottdennis ​ for being so nice to my HS students when we visited the community and for realizing that one student was in no way MY student. Looking forward to having you or anyone on your team talk to me via Hangouts anytime. Just email me at dtheriault@hbuhsd.edu or Twitter DM me.

To  @clong ​ for making CanvasLMS happen at HBUHSD. Canvas is a real company (they have heart and smart) and we have NEVER worked with a real company at our district. It's like drinking water after walking for 30 days in the desert.

tumblr_nx0vyq9suy1uhpfhpo1_500.gif

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you, David.

"It's like drinking water after walking for 30 days in the desert."  If there is a better way to kick off the weekend, I can't think of it right now.

johnpj
Surveyor

@vkg ​ and  @leward ​ for submitting great new ideas requests 5 minutes before I think of them Smiley Happy

leward
Explorer III

Thanks johnpj​.   I guess that means we all have the same needs!

millerjm
Adventurer

Thanks  @James ​ for all of your help with Re: Kicking someone out of a canvas course