Help Shaping Data Access Platform CLI & Client Library Next Steps

sgergely
Instructure
Instructure

Canvas.png

I have recently joined as a Senior Product Manager for the Instructure Data & Insights team. I’m overseeing the DAP Query API and the DAP CLI client and library. I look forward to meeting many of you to discuss your data and analytics priorities. 

As I started to work on shaping the roadmap for these products, I'm eager to gather your feedback to inform our direction. Here are 3 questions for you:

1. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback you have on both the CLI client and the API itself. This includes your experiences using them, working with them, and consulting their documentation.
    1. What is your current data storage architecture for the data collected using these tools? Are you storing it on-premises, in the cloud, or both? If you're utilizing cloud storage, could you specify which provider you're using?
  2. What are the underlying reasons or objectives behind your or our clients' use of our CLI tool or Query API? While I understand the primary goal is data retrieval, I'm particularly interested in learning about specific use cases and the questions you aim to address with this data.
  3. How do you typically analyze the data retrieved from our CLI tool or Query API? Are you primarily examining it in isolation, or do you integrate it with data from various other sources and what are those?

You can share your responses in the comments section below, or feel free to send me a direct message if you prefer to share your answers privately.

I've taken the time to review past discussions in our community forums and noticed several challenges that users have encountered. I'm committed to exceeding the standards set by my colleagues, predecessors and ensuring a seamless experience for all. Your continued support and feedback are invaluable as I strive to meet and even surpass your expectations.

The recent release of Data Access Platform (DAP) CLI and Client Library version 1.1.0 serves as a prime illustration of how your feedback drives improvements within our system, making us more effective and responsive to your needs.

11 Comments