Queries

NipaThakker
Community Member

Queries for Canvas metrics. 

Anyone have sql queries for clicks, views for assignments by college. And other metric queries for external ,tools used, submissions in a day by college. If you have a starting point of queries please help.  

2 Comments
palvara2
Community Explorer

Hello!  

Clicks - you would need a Canvas Live Events data stream/source to get at this

Views - this is super granular - Canvas Live Events does not have views (that I am aware of). You could use the number of NavigationEvents to an assignment as a proxy to "view" and that is in Canvas Live Events. 

External Tools Used - with the Canvas Live Event data we can't say for sure who "used" the tool but there are NavigationEvents for "context_external_tools" which is an indication that an individual navigated to an LTI.  There is a difference between "using" a tool and launching a URL to a tool. 

Submissions by day - Again, another event captured in Canvas Live Events.  There is a Submitted event where you can see assessment and assignment submissions.  

At ASU, we are currently using the Caliper Live Events version; however, we will likely be transitioning to Live Events Raw.  

I hope this helps.  

nhumphries
Community Explorer

Hi, I don't have any queries that do that but if you need help I'll have a look at this for you?