canvas."courses__workflow_state" enum values

Jump to solution
WillGHampton
Community Participant

Canvas.courses has a canvas."courses__workflow_state" enum with the possible values of

{__dap_unspecified__,created,claimed,available,completed,deleted}

This leads to several questions.

1) Do any of these workflow_states match the published status of a course? If not workflow_state, where does CD2 store if a course is published or not? I've checked a published and an unpublished course. both have a workflow_state of claimed

2) Is there a location on the web that states what CD2 enum values are and what they mean? Such as the difference between claimed and available?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
stimme
Community Coach
Community Coach

@WillGHampton 

1) When I report from CD2, I treat available courses as published & claimed courses as unpublished. CD2 does not have a field for courses' published/unpublished status alone. This field is closest to published/unpublished, but it also reflects the whether the course has a teacher and whether it is completed. 

2) The documentation for this type is at https://data-access-platform-api.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/tables/catalog.html#schemas.canvas.co... 

According to the documentation, claimed courses have a teacher but are not published. It is odd that you would find a published course listed as claimed in CD2. Was your CD2 data refreshed after that course was published?

View solution in original post