Discussion Page Rollback Needed

Jump to solution
ChaseorCharles
Community Member

There seems to have been a Canvas update a few days ago, and ever since then the discussion pages are loading really choppy and it's making doing the assignments difficult. For reference, I'm working from my home computer 64g ram 24 core processor, on Chrome incognito in case it's addons or ad blockers.

Login to Canvas and navigate to an active discussion. Pretend you are a student. Scroll around with the mousewheel. Expand some replies. Mousewheel down to the next parent reply, expand the replies. Scroll around more. The page becomes increasingly choppy, and by the time you're reading your 4th or 5th set of replies they just start failing to load.

Any way to fix this? It has been documented a problem in their redesign for several weeks at least (see previous posts: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Discussions-Announcements/Discussions-Redesign-Lag-time-loading-r... )

Does ANYONE have a word on when the page will be rolled back? I'm a student have have assignments to do and can't even get the page to load, and can't tell what text is replying to what comment with the new fonts and styles.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ChaseorCharles ...

As far as I know, the new look to Discussion topics (known as Discussions Redesign) will not be rolled back.  (I'm not an Instructure employee, so I cannot speak to what they may or may not have planned in the future.)  In fact, it was just enforced for all Canvas schools this past Saturday, July 20, 2024.  You can read more about this at: Canvas Release: Discussions/Announcements Redesign - Instructure Community - 464064 (canvaslms.com).

Also, please be sure that you are reading through the What are the Instructure Community guidelines? ... especially the section on "Be cool".

Sorry that I do not have better news for you at this time, but I hope the information I've provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

@ChaseorCharles ...

Have you reached out to Canvas Support to report this?  That would be my recommendation.  Posting your question here is fine, but it's not the same as contacting the Canvas Help Desk staff where you can formally submit a ticket to have your issue investigated.

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Please keep us posted if you do happen to contact the Help Desk staff so we know what the outcome was.  Thanks!

View solution in original post