New Discussion Board is Awful

Jump to solution
Community Participant

I feel like I'm crazy. The new design has no functionality. If a student post two responses to another's post (which I can see in speed grader) I can't just do a control+F search for that student's name to respond in thread. I have to click on every single post that has a reply (most of which are my own replies) in order to find it. How are you guys using this to grade or to stay involved with the threads? Additionally, none of the students are clicking through to see who has commented on another student's post so they just completely miss giant posts that clarify concepts from ME. In the old format, they could just scroll through and see where the professor has inserted lengthy and clearly important additions to the the discussion. What is the supposed value added to this redesign? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jeff_F
Community Champion

In case you were unaware: depending on if your Canvas admin 'locked' this feature option to be on or optional, you may be able to disable it. Take a look at the course Settings > Feature Options > to see if you can uncheck Discussions/Announcements Redesign.

ps. re: measures of sanity...  there are quite a many things going on in this clown world which I've observed as of late which sometimes have me thinking I am in some sort of Truman Show. As we know, the message there is to keep fighting against artificial narratives... 😉

View solution in original post