Sync Sort Order between New Discussions and Speedgrader

john_morris
Community Participant

My "New Discussion" assignment is a post-once-and-reply-twice format. Speedgrader groups all of any specific student's entries (initial posts and their replies) into a single screen so they can be quickly read and scored using a rubric. Additionally, Speedgrader allows sorting by Name, Date, or Status. Unfortunately, in order to see the context of a student's Speedgrader entries (i.e., what the previous student wrote) a grader must click the "view the full discussion" link and search for the student. That changes the view for the student -- not a big deal if it is only once or twice, but problematic if one wants to see all comments in context.

To speed things up, I use a second monitor (at my desktop) or a second browser tab (on my laptop) with the full discussion visible and visually switch between the two. The New Discussions, however, can only be sorted as Newest first or Oldest first. This is not the same sequence as shows up in any of the Speedgrader options.

Please change/add a sort capability in either New Discussions or Speedgrader to allow viewing both in the same order.

Labels (3)