How do I create a user management automation rule for an account?
As an Elevate K-12 Analytics admin, you may be able to create user management automation rules for your account. Automation rules must be created manually.
For a user management rule to work, you must specify the Elevate K-12 Analytics user role as well as your institution's staff classifications and position titles. Before creating automation rules:
- Create user roles and verify staff classifications and titles in your admin Settings.
- In order for rules to apply to manually-added users, change manually-added user accounts to have the Role Management option set to Automatic.
Once a rule is created and published in your account:
- Any new user whose classification and title meet your rule parameters is automatically added to your Elevate K-12 Analytics account after a nightly sync.
- Existing Elevate K-12 Analytics user accounts with classifications and titles that meet the rule parameters are updated immediately to reflect the rule's assigned user role.
- No email notifications are sent to users whose classification and title meet your rule parameters.
- Once a rule is created, the rule name cannot be edited. However, you can edit the associated user role and conditions.
Open Administration Page
In the Navigation Menu, click the Admin link.
Open User Management Automation
In the Security Management Navigation Menu, click the User Management Automation link , or on the Security Management Overview page you can click the User Management Automation link .
Click the New button.
Add Rule Name
Enter the rule name in the Rule Name field.
Add Mapping Details
In the Map To section you can select the user role and rule priority.
Click the Role drop-down menu , then select a user role from the list. The Role list displays a list of all user roles in your account.
If one or more rule may apply to an individual user, enter a number in the Priority field . The highest priority is 0 and any higher number designates the rule as a default role.
In the When These Conditions Are Met field you can specify which conditions qualify a user for the role.
To select staff classifications for the rule, click the Staff Classification field . The list displays all classifications in your account, and you can select multiple classifications.
To select positions for the rule, click the Position Title field . The list displays all titles in your account, and you can select multiple titles.
To remove a classification or title, click the Remove icon .
Before saving your role mapping rule, preview a list of users whose roles will be affected after the rule is published. Click the Preview result button.
View User List
View the users affected by the rule.
To close the preview, click the Close button.
To save the rule as a draft, click the Save as draft button .
To save and publish the rule, click the Save and publish button . Users at your institution whose classification and title meet mapping rules will be added to Elevate K-12 Analytics and their user roles automatically assigned.