Add People

Jump to solution
AmberCastaneda
Community Member

I created a Canvas account but cannot add people. The +People button is not working and the HELP section only says that my institution doesn't allow it, but I am my institution and I don't know what I did to not allow it. Can someone guide me on how to fix this problem? I need to be able to add students to the courses.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @AmberCastaneda ...

Thank you for clarifying that you are using a FFT (Free For Teacher) account.  Can you check something for me?  Within your course, go to your "Settings" page, and then take a look at what you have set for start/end dates for the course.

How do I change the start and end dates for a cour... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

There are also a handful of checkboxes near those start/end dates that you should check to confirm they are what you want:

How do I restrict student access to a course befor... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

There's also one other area that's not as well know where there *may* be start/end dates displayed.  I don't believe you'd actually need to have dates displayed in this particular area, but it wouldn't hurt to check this, too:

How do I change the start and end dates for a cour... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Please let us know if any of this has helped to resolve things for you...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes