cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
changoff
Community Member

Contacting Support

Jump to solution

I have attempted to contact customer support several times regarding issues with student accounts and I never hear back and neither do the students.  Is there something different that I am supposed to be doing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Support for Free For Teachers accounts encompasses the four situations listed in the When should I contact Canvas Support about a FFT request? section of  Free-for-Teacher Account FAQ; inquiries about any other matters will not receive a reply. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Support for Free For Teachers accounts encompasses the four situations listed in the When should I contact Canvas Support about a FFT request? section of  Free-for-Teacher Account FAQ; inquiries about any other matters will not receive a reply. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

So if we need help we are just on our own basically?

@changoff  The FAQ describes the support we offer to users of our free product, which is how we're able to continue to offer it at no charge to educators and students.

I had a student inquire about a password issue (should be covered) and he and I both didn't receive a response (I submitted a ticket for them as well).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Vanessa

@VSWatkins  Please make sure that your students are requesting the password reset from the login screen for the instance in which their account resides (it's usually canvas.instructure.com for Free For Teachers users) and that they are checking for the password reset email in the email client that they used to create their Canvas account and in the junk/spam/clutter folder of that email client. (For security purposes, password reset emails will only be sent to the user, meaning that another user cannot request the reset on behalf of a student.)