Why the Delay in Releasing the New Grade Book?

Jump to solution
deborah_okey
Community Participant

This new grade book is going to be more complicated to work with. Why are you not releasing it BEFORE the beginning of the semester so profs can learn how to use it BEFORE students have access to it? Surely a company that works exclusively with academics is aware that most college courses begin the Tuesday after MLK day, which is Jan. 20. Do you think profs wait until the day classes begin to set up our courses? I already have two of my online courses set up for spring 2020, and most of the profs I know at least have their courses set up by early January. Since the videos indicate this new grade book program is complete, why isn't it being released in late December to give us time to learn to work with it BEFORE we need to answer student questions? The release date of Jan. 20 seems to be very inconsiderate, problematic planning.

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@deborah_okey ‌, please refer to the discussion about transition timing that started over a year ago: https://community.canvaslms.com/message/122916-new-gradebook-tentative-q3-2019-transition-date-feedb... . In addition to this public discussion, our teams held extensive direct conversations with schools and universities all around the world to determine the best transition date.

View solution in original post