Accommodation time settings attached to users profile rather then each quiz

0 Likes
(4)

Hello,

Over the years I have been a LMS admin for many systems. DCDB, Moodle, Blackboard and Canvas. Although each LMS has its quirks In all honesty Moodle was one of my favorite learning management systems for ease of use for admin, faculty seemed to learn it much easier and ease of student use. So many free open source LTIs as well (which of course always had to be vetted)

I do enjoy canvas as well. One of the biggest advantages in Moodle was user accommodations were set up via the users profile by the admin only one time. So any quiz the student/user would take during their time at the college would get the extended time applied no matter the course or term. Just a very nice convenient feature and the best solution I seen to handle accommodations in a LMS. So hoping canvas may consider a similar option.

Just a feature request that would make things much easier for many colleges who use canvas and have to deal with a tedious manual accommodation entry for each individual quiz.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@willgibbs77 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for broader discussion, I'd note that users of New Quizzes do not have to manually set an accommodation for a student on every quiz; instructors can set an accommodation for a student that extends across all of the quizzes in the course, as detailed in How do I add assessment accommodations for a stude... , which is a benefit to keep in mind as your institution rolls out adoption of the new quiz tool.

JohnStrickland
Community Member

This functionality would be amazing not only on quizzes but assignments as well. It would also save confusion for students because they always think the "due date" is accurate even though they get an extra day.

LindsayAdams
Community Explorer
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.