Add Image To Dashboard Cards As a Student

0 Likes

Some professors of mine do not publish images that display inside the course card on the dashboard, which is really annoying when you're not able to quickly at a glance see what course is what without reading. I would love if as a student, I could upload my own card images in order to fill in those blank spaces. OR, a random themed design is added in place of blank colors by default, so at least something would fill the void.

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@cmm11 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for broader discussion, you might also want to add your comments to the related conversation at Photos in cards on the dashboard

Grant21
Community Member

Currently, students are only able to add/remove the color overlay on course cards in the canvas dashboard. As a user who has to see the dashboard on a daily basis, it would be very helpful to be able to remove tacky images that professors select for the course cards, just as we can change the colors. 

AMARZULIĆ
Community Novice

I'm a student, Canvas is really simple and well done, but would love to have the ability to import a custom pic to school subjects in the card view. The colour picking is a great idea, but I'd prefer it to be more customisable.

RasmusHooge
Community Member

It should be possible for the student to change the image of the courses to match their respective subjects. My experience is that all courses have the same standard image, which makes it difficult to navigate them, especially when you have followed many courses. I do not believe the change of image should be universal for all the students following the course. It should only affect the student who wishes to change the image.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.