Add speed grader advance arrow for next "Ungraded" assignment

0 Likes

In speedgrader (web browser), next to the student dropdown list are arrows to advance to the previous or next student assignment.  There should be another button on each side (maybe a dashed arrow or double arrow) that would advance to the next submission.

The current setup seems to have been designed to advance through submitted assignments after they are all entered.  However, I often grade assignments that are submitted at different times, so the next arrow is worthless.  With a large class, sometimes the next assignment for me to grade is 10-20 people away.  I have to click the dropdown and scroll through to find the next submission or just keep clicking advance through unsubmitted or previously graded students until I find the next one needing to be graded.  Having a button that would jump to the next ungraded assignment in the list would be a HUGE time saver.

Tags (2)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@pmatern 

This is definitely an important time-saving feature, and it's one that I used all the time when I was teaching. In other words, you'll be happy to know that you can accomplish this with existing functionality in SpeedGrader by adjusting the settings. Please read through How do I sort the student list in SpeedGrader? to see how to change the student list sort to "by submission status (needs grading, not submitted, etc)." Applying this setting will change the view for all assignments in SpeedGrader.

As this is existing functionality, we've archived the idea.