Add toggle for assignment does/does not count toward grade

0 Likes
(1)

There should be a visible toggle next to each assignment that indicates whether or not the assignment will count toward the grade. Right next to the publish toggle would be a great spot!

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@kbendel 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. To confirm, are you suggesting that a toggle replace the existing checkbox in the settings for the assignment, as depicted in the Exclude Assignment from Final Grade section of  How do I exclude an assignment from the course's f... ?

kbendel
Community Member

No, the existing one is fine. I'm suggesting they add another one. When I'm looking at a list of assignments, I can tell which ones are published in a glance by the green circles. I cannot tell which ones count toward the grade without opening each one individually which takes SO MUCH TIME! After I open and check an assignment, Canvas has to load the entire assignment page before I can check the next one.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@kbendel Thanks for your reply. I infer that you'd like this to be a toggle on the Assignments list, not on each individual assignment, and we can move the idea forward for additional discussion on that basis.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

kbendel
Community Member

Yes! A quick visual cue as to which assignments are counted toward the final grade would be great. With remote learning, I'm forced to make several versions of each assignment and they don't all count toward the final grade.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.