Allow managing the final score

0 Likes

Currently the final grade is based upon the percentage of each each quiz/assignment. It does not allow different ways of defining/calculating the final score, for example, it does not allow adding up the scores of the quizzes/assignments, which is a the most basic way of calculating the final score.

3 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @DariushKhezrimo 

Have you tried using weighted assignment groups and only assigning weight to your assignment and quizzes groups?:

How do I weight the final course grade based on as... - Instructure Community

You can also exclude specific assignments from the final grade:

How do I exclude an assignment from the course's f... - Instructure Community

ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

DariushKhezrimo
Community Explorer
Author

Hello @ctitmus,

Please note that your response is not related to the suggestion/request.

I am familiar with Canvas and weighted assignment groups. To clarify what I asked I remind this fact that x/2 + y/ 3 is not equal to (x+y) / 5. Canvas does not allow a simple and an easy accessible way to have a flexible way of calculating the final score. I hope we will be able to calculate the final score in our own way.

My suggestion at the moment is to disable the way that Canvas calculates the final score, unless we exactly assume the percentage of each individual quiz to calculate the final score. Another silly way is to create a new category in weighted assignment group for each individual quiz.

Thank you,