Allow selection of who should be anonymous in peer reviews

0 Likes

I use anonymous peer reviews for oral presentations in my classes.  While I am happy that Canvas allows me to both build my rubric into the assignment, require peer reviews, and make the reviews anonymous, I am baffled why both the name of the reviewer and the student being reviewed must be hidden.  I would very much like the option to hide the name of the student doing the review but make the name of the student that is being reviewed visible in the "To Do" list.  As it is all peer review tasks are listed as anonymous such that my students have no clue which belongs to which student they are assigned to review (which is everyone in the class).  My work around for this is to have the students upload their oral report handout to the assignment link so that the students can determine which peer evaluation link to use to submit their review.  This seems really clunky to me.  I would very much like to have the option to make the name of the student being reviewed visible to the students assigned to do the peer reviews.  Thanks!

2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.