Changing order list of courses

0 Likes
(1)

On the side bar where the "courses" button is, the courses that show up should be listed in the same order as the courses cards on the dashboard. Sometimes when I want to navigate from one class to another without going to Dashboard, I use the courses button but I get slightly frustrated that they're in the wrong order. They appear to be in alphabetical, but that should be an option to change.

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

James
Community Champion

@Daniel_062 

Where and in what order would you list the courses that are not on your dashboard?

The way it is, people who want alphabetical can go to the course listing and those who want a specific order can go to the dashboard. Canvas generally tries to minimize the number of options, toggles, switches, etc., to keep the interface clean, but then they often present the same (or similar) information in different arrangements depending on what button you choose.

Daniel_062
Community Member

@James On my dashboard, I organized them the same as my class periods throughout the day, and I wish the courses tab would show the same order

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

@Daniel_062 - If you use the nickname feature on the dashboard, that may carry over into the course list. While it's not a filter/organizing system right in the All Courses list, it could be a way to match your dashboard -- Name them in order using a number ahead of the title you'd like!

How do I view my favorite courses in the Card View Dashboard as a student? 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.