Comment Library for individual questions

0 Likes
(1)

I'd like to be able to access my Comment Library for individual questions, not just for general comments. 

7 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @laureen_miki -

There is a current idea open for conversation that feels similar to your request.

Add a Way to Group Comments in the Comment Library 

If you were able to group comments based on the activity/assessment, would this meet the need you explained in your post? If so, I can merge the ideas and keep the conversation in one place. 

laureen_miki
Community Member

No, this is different.  I want to be able to access the comment library for individual questions on a quiz.  I don't want the comments to appear in the general comments box. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ChelseaDuncan
Community Member

I am SOOOOOO tired of having to retype the same feedback over and over and over again when grading exams/quizzes.  The assignment rubrics have a function to save the comment for future use and that would be SO helpful to have in the additional comments part of quizzes as well.  Often times there's overlap with feedback across students--it would make grading so much quicker to not have to retype everything ever time. 

ChelseaDuncan
Community Member

I am not sure what you mean by classic or new quizzes--there is only one quiz option in our canvas tabs for our university.  I am speaking to having a comment library for this individual questions within quizzes, so that when I go to grade quizzes, the 'additional comments' section has a pulldown menu the same way an assignment rubric would.  The thread this was sent into didn't specify quizzes, just individual comment libraries which is why I was confused that it was merged there since mine was specifically referring to quizzes.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Thanks for the follow-up! The original author on the Comment Library for individual questions added clarification in the comments that said, "I want to be able to access the comment library for individual questions on a quiz.  I don't want the comments to appear in the general comments box."

With that added detail, that's how I made the link to your request. I think you're looking for the same thing, just phrased differently. 🙂

Some schools are using Classic Quizzes, and others have opted for New Quizzes. While our Product Team is not accepting requests to improve Classic Quizzes, they are for New Quizzes. Regardless of which version of Quizzes you are using, I think it's good feedback for the growth of the feature within Canvas.

Here are some articles that may help you identify which version of Quizzes you have available to you at your institution:

How do I create a quiz with individual questions? 

What is New Quizzes? 

New Quizzes Transition Toolkit 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.