Copying of Possible Answers for "Multiple Drop-Down" Quiz Questions

0 Likes
(1)
When writing "multiple drop-down" quiz problems, the answer choices presented will often be the same choices for each of the multiple blank or drop-down parts. For example, I may write a problem with 5 drop-down parts where the each of the 5 drop-down questions has 4 possible answers to select from that are the same for each of the 5 drop-down questions. We are requesting a feature that would just copy possible answers/responses to each of the individual drop-down parts.

I know currently, that your responses will be recognized after typing the first few letters and you can then select the appropriate response but this method is inefficient and for longer responses has often lead me to select an unintended response.

Idea originates from Vincent Bonini and the Math Department at Cal Poly.
Tags (1)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@evhansen 

New Quizzes does not have a "multiple drop-down" question type, and quiz creators are advised to use the fill-in-the-blank item to accommodate this (How do I create a Fill in the Blank question in New Quizzes?).

As our teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled to be deprecated early next year, we've archived this idea.

When you and your faculty start using New Quizzes, we hope you'll come back and initiate conversations that draw from the context of your experiences—after searching the Ideas forum for existing discussions to join, of course. 🙂