Dates on Announcements pages

0 Likes

Many Professors post announcements containing information related to      dates, in the form of "this Tuesday" or "next week". However,      announcement pages do not contain information about the time the      announcement was published, so I have to go back to the announcements      preview page to find the date. This can be quite a hassle, since      instructors post many announcements every week, and Quercus takes some      time to load. Would it be possible to display the publication dates of      the announcements on each announcement's page?

Note: I am aware that publication dates are displayed on the announcements preview page; the problem is that the pages for each individual announcement do not contain this information. 

Tags (3)
5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @EdwardLi1 -

When viewing the Announcements page, the Posted On date and time is listed in the same line as the announcement. 

How do I use the Announcements Index Page? 

Are you looking for something different? If so, please explain so we can modify your idea request. Thanks!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! I'm just checking in. 😁

If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by February 3, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated.

EdwardLi1
Community Member

Hello, 

I know that I can see the time stamp on the announcements preview page, but I am requesting there be a time stamp when viewing the full announcement (after I click on any given announcement)

Thank you in advance!

Edward

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived