Disable Student Comments on Graded Papers

0 Likes
(2)

It would be useful to be able to disable student comments on papers that I've graded.  I'd rather students communicate with me by email if they have questions, because it's easier to keep track that way.  I also comment extensively on papers and find that student responses tend to focus on explaining to me why they made the errors they made, which isn't particularly useful.  I've not had this sort of thing happen before and think the platform is set up to make students think they're being invited to explain why, for instance, they're writing run-ons or comma splices.  They don't need to explain; they just need to take note and correct the misunderstanding of, say, comma placement. 

2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.