Disable variable playback speeds on Canvas Studio quizzes

0 Likes
(1)

I am a college instructor. It would be great to have the option to disable the variable playback speeds (1x, 1.5x, 2x) on Canvas Studio Quizzes. I teach music courses and if the students are listening to the musical examples within these assignments at anything but 1x speed, they won't hear the music as it was meant to be heard (it sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks at 2x!). For online classes, Studio assignments are the only way I can ensure that the students listen to the music and the variable speed option defeats this purpose entirely.

Tags (3)
3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

AndrewRogowski
Community Member
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.