EVERY. SINGLE. PAGE. should have a one click to get back to home screen.

0 Likes

My mouse hand is killing me!

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@donnahunter 

The Course Navigation menu that displays throughout Canvas includes a Home link that users can access via a single click (check out the View Course Navigation section of How do I use the Course Home Page as a student?). Could you specify where in Canvas you're not able to access that home page link from the course navigation menu in your course(s)?

Thanks.

donnahunter
Community Explorer
Author

1. here.JPG

(gradebook screenshot removed by Community Team to protect students' private information)

Gradebook for one. There may be some others.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@donnahunter 

Yes, the navigation to Home from the Gradebook requires two clicks in total. First, click on the hamburger menu at the upper left; it is collapsed by design in order to provide a larger display for the Gradebook itself). The course navigation menu will then display, allowing the user to click on Home.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@donnahunter 

We've archived this idea, and wanted to let you know that to protect students' privacy we have removed the screenshot of your gradebook as it displayed students' full names along with their grades.

donnahunter
Community Explorer
Author

I know how to get back from there. I just want it to be one click instead of two. I know it sounds like a small thing, but those clicks add up in these 12-hour days.

donnahunter
Community Explorer
Author

OH! Yes, I meant to edit those out before sending. Thank you for removing it.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@donnahunter 

Thanks, Donna. Would you write a new idea that only requests this change on the Gradebook page? That would result in a conversation prompt that focuses on the specific missing functionality that is desired.

donnahunter
Community Explorer
Author

Okay. I did that. 🙂