Easier changing of question to an extra credit one after quiz has been submitted

0 Likes
(2)

So if you google canvas and change quiz question to extra credit - there are a lot of people interested in this issue.  There are some posted "workarounds". But most of the posts/search results suggest that canvas doesn't have a way to do this.

Well it definitely doesn't have a good way.  But what I did is I changed the value of the quiz by 2 points.  I made my quiz worth 2 points less.  Two different canvas help chatters told me that I would then have to add fudge points for each student.  I also had made the exam questions worth 0 for the 2 questions that I wanted to convert to extra credit - but don't do this - it isn't helpful.  So that didn't matter at all.

Simply by reducing the value of the quiz - it already effectively made those 2 questions that were worth 1 point each effectively into extra credit.  

So I would recommend that in speed grader there be a way to convert a question to extra credit and thereby automatically reduce the number of points the quiz is worth.  

Then I recommend telling the help people that this is the way to do it.

THanks

2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.