Expand Quiz Re-Grade Feature to Include All Question Formats and Linked Questions

0 Likes

I was very disappointed to learn the hard way today that only original multiple choice, multiple answer and true/false quiz questions can be regraded in the classic quiz engine on Canvas.  Even linked multiple choice question's can't be automatically corrected.  Fixing quiz key errors to dropdown questions for a class of over 200 students really should mean a few clicks and an automatic re-grade, but now I have to task my TA's with hours of individually scoring hundreds of questions this week (even taking a shortcut and adding fudge points must be done one student at a time).  All of the time we saved on the front end by using Canvas quizzing is now effectively lost to manual re-grading because of a few missed clicks when setting up more complex questions. Threads on this board as old as three years clearly capture this frustrating shortcoming. 

Canvas, PLEASE put this one near the top of your list of improvements to the quiz engine.

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing this idea, @rbd34 . Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation. Please read through the resources in the New Quizzes User Group to get started with the new quiz tool.